NYU Waitlist 2024

@an12345 that’s a good point. I’m conflicted between UCL and BU too. Still confused where to commit. :neutral:

yeah at this point its all gotten so frustrating.

Hi Guys! I committed to stony brook and am still waiting until May. I’m kind of frustrated because I can’t fully accept a university as my home for the next four years because I haven’t heard back from NYU.

Idk if it will be helpful to anyone but if you commit or are about to , write NYU an email explaining your situation and saying that if NYU decides to take you off in May or whenever, you will still go and withdraw from the other place. I think it just feels good to know that I updated them and let them know my plans & hopefully they take all of us!!!

can someone call and ask when they will start making offers from waitlist plsz

@UCLAParent123 After I submitted the waitlist form, they sent me an email that says that they will make the final decisions on August 1. Throughout summer, they will release decisions (I think).

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to reach out to a regional rep and email stating that NYU is still your top choice? On the waitlist interest form, it said not to, but I will literally do anything at this point to increase my chances of getting off of the waitlist.

Don’t do it if it says not to do it.

How much did people write on the waitlist form? Mine was only a paragraph or two, but I saw others writing about how their’s was an essay - seemed odd to do that in my opinion since the prompt wasn’t to write about how much you wanted to go, just if you wanted to be considered for other schools/programs?

I have been waitlisted, what do I do? My sister got in with a 3.6 and I have 3.7 we were both confused and I am both sad and happy at the same time.:confused:

I applied Steinhardt’s regular decision my twin sister got in with a 3.6 and I got waitlisted with a 3.7 we both have the same act scores and extra-curricular?!!! Does anyone know the soonest we get notified?

Hi guys, I am a current student at NYU and got off the waitlist.

For me, it came out on May 12th. I am not sure if they take waitlist students for the fall but I know they do for the spring. We are called spring admits and for the class of 2022, I believe we had 300 students that got in schools like Steinhardt, Tandon, and Liberal Studies. Keep in mind that 300 students may sound like a lot of people but NYU puts a lot of people on their waiting list. While I am grateful NYU gave me a chance as a spring admit, there are some cons. For example, you have to take a full course load in the summer; you will essentially have no breaks for an entire year and I know some kids who couldn’t take it and transferred out. In addition, the gap semester can become very draining when you see all your high school friends having a good time in college while you are probably stuck at home or just working. If you guys get in, make sure you weigh the pros and cons before impulsively committing to NYU.

A lot of colleges take students off the waitlist because these students do not have to be included into their stats such as GPA, SAT, and acceptance rates so that they can climb the rankings.

Feel free to tag me and ask me questions. Good Luck you guys :slight_smile:

hey guys! i am an rd applicant and was waitlisted for the class of 2024, but i can log in and access the housing portal - anyone else?

I wonder why NYU is so slow with the waitlist process… uchicago, WashU, UW, UT Austin are already taking people off… nyu plsz

@jk6321 Thank you so much for this information! It is great to hear from someone who was admitted off the waitlist. Is there anything specific you recommend for us to do while waiting to hear back from NYU? Is there anything we should send to admissions other than the waitlist form we already sent? Any advice you can give would be great!

@daiana020402 All of us can since the application period. It’s nothing special.

I have a forms section on my portal now. I guess this is good news as they are probably starting the process if they r updating the portals

I have a feeling that this year the number of students accepted off the waitlist will be higher. While there were so many people waitlisted, the current situation in New York will most definitely impact that, not to mention the unfortunate situation with Barnard’s student.

Does NYU accept letters of continued interest? Kinda freaking out since I knew literally nothing about this, and now it might be too late. I’m confused because NYU said not to send anything else, but I’ve heard that people send letters.

Has everyone’s portal updated?

Mine has.