NYU Waitlist 2024

guys my zoom says member-admin and staff

My NYU zoom portal says “Member-student.” Is that a good thing or does it mean nothing lol

As an OOS student are my chances for stern increased because of this whole pandemic?

Anything from the portal has meant nothing for admissions, so I doubt it means anything now.

My financial aid links page changed too. It used to not have anything and now I can click some things that take me to a cost of attendance page where there is no info to display.

Anyone have an idea of when waitlist decisions will be out?

@whuang I’m assuming the first full week of May. That’s when the first wave of decisions came out according to the 2023 thread.

Does anyone know if we will still be able to appeal our financial aid decision if we end up getting accepted?

I’m a bit late to this but I applied RD to Steinhardt Music Business and got waitlisted (second choice on the waitlist form is Steinhardt MCC). Anybody else in the same pot?

Hey. If i have a certificate from a Coursera Wharton online finance course , should I write about it in the from? Or it is not an achievement and thus is irrelevant?
P.s I got waitlisted for the economics major

I know it may be late, but would a letter of continued interest help with getting me out of the waiting list?

@Valka07 I’m stuck on this one too. NYU specifically asked for zero extra materials other than the waitlist form. In my waitlist form though I didn’t write about my interest, just the schools and programs I would be open to. I think all bets are off right now - we don’t know how many people are going to decline because of COVID, and honestly, I think a continued letter of interest wouldn’t hurt.

@gconboy @valka07 guys don’t send them anything they don’t want. They have 80000 applications and would be flooded. They don’t want extra materials for a reason.

Im not waitlisted, but I know that there have been a couple of music business accepted students who have declined their admission!

Im not waitlisted, but I know that there have been a couple of music business accepted students who have declined their admission!

Does anyone think due to the current situation of COVID 19, many accepted students won’t enroll and give us higher chance to get off the wait-list? (especially for international students?)

I think the chances are better. Emory already started accepting waitlisted students, even before May 1st, and last year they accepted 0 students of the waitlist.

@abc32123 Thank you so much! Ah, this gives me hope. It’s my top choice. Most of my ECs are related to music biz and I got fairly good grades but am an international, so I really hope I get accepted

sorry i’m late to this, but i got waitlisted and mine says spring 2020, summer 2020, and academic year 2020-2021. not sure if this means anything, it probably doesn’t though.

^^referring to my housing portal