NYU waitlisted 2027

no i have lost my will

Agree. Itā€™s creating a mental block. We should just move on. For them itā€™s just filling up the seats but for those at the other end itā€™s so much uncertainty

2 Likes

or maybe thereā€™s too many kids to fill up

2 Likes

We should also start accepting the possibility that we might not get off at this point. With any outcome of this decision, I hope that I am happy in the endā€¦

4 Likes

i 100% agree. i think at this point itā€™s been made clear that those getting off the waitlist are all full pay, so if youā€™re requesting financial need (especially a lot of it like myself) the possibility of getting off the waitlist is low-key slim to none. i think itā€™s time to just start focusing on your plans for the college you committed to this fall and let this play out as it does. while helpful, i also think that a lot of the conversation on this thread adds unnecessary stress as weā€™re all getting out hopes up and creating excuses (for lack of better term) every day for why or why not some of us got off and others didnā€™t. in the end, it was nice sharing this with you all i wish you guys the absolute best over the next 4 years, whether that be at NYU or somewhere else. goodbye !!

8 Likes

I donā€™t think so but like nyu always does things diff

1 Like

iā€™m full pay too
still no indicators

1 Like

I got off the waitlist yesterday afternoon at around 4PM. They might be sending out the last wave since I got the spring 2024 option.

3 Likes

International from Canada

Congrats!!! full pay?

wait is it over

oh nvm next week is prolly gonna be the last wave including the final spring admits and declined waitlist offers

Wait why do you say that?

i mean itā€™s obvi gon end in next 2 weeks because the process ends before june but im guessing that the finalization would start happening as they just started sending out the spring admissions on fri so ig theyā€™ll finish up that next week and since the admitted waitlist applicants have 4days to respond to their offers the very final spots will be finalized next week or even the week after

my heart sinks listening to you guys. some say 2 weeks are left and some say itā€™s over.

Like right now Iā€™ve gotten my mind off this. I believe God has more for everyone. If I get in good but if I donā€™t Iā€™ll feel hurt but Godā€™s love will console me.
Meanwhile Iā€™m looking for scholarships up to full tuition and full pay to study in the UK. Study duration is 3 years over there.

4 Likes

I think you guys need to be prepared to have alternative options (andā€¦ actually like them!) in case you dont get off the waitlist. fall in love with a different school as much as nyu like I did! if you get off the waitlistā€“its a sigh of relief! if you donā€™t, youā€™ll still be fine with a college you really like

most of this thread has been chaos and panic instead of optimism and clarity because you guys are so focused on ONE school. its ok to keep options open! you can always transfer next year too if you really donā€™t like your school

this is exactly what i was saying 2 days ago?

I never disagreed? im referring to the people complaining + having no hope at all VS the last discussion I replied to ā€¦ talking about how its ok to be hopeful and have an open mindā€¦