OOS Merit Scholarships Yet?

@fjgh45‌ Thanks for the update. That is consistent with the mid to late February timline from last year. And we know instate gets priority from the parent information post.

Well, apparently I was awarded the Purdue National Hispanic Scholarship on Feb. 14th. Didn’t get an email or anything, just checked the portal online. $1,000 a year for 4 years. I wonder if this is it for any merit scholarships for me or if I have a shot at the Presidential Scholarship or something.

@ClassicalCollege I guess that tells us all to keep on checking the applicant portal. Daughter has been waiting/hoping for scholarship and honors college offers for weeks/months. Should be coming out soon. Congratulations on your National Hispanic Scholarship award. I can’t see anything on the website that indicates whether or not that would be all that you would get.

@NorthernMom61 Thank you. I completely understand. This whole waiting/checking process is grueling, and I cannot wait for it to be over. Best wishes to you and your daughter as scholarships are released - hopefully sooner than later!

@ClassicalCollege‌ congrats on your scholarship! I was wondering where exactly you saw this information? Just so I know to keep an eye out.

On the portal you go to check your application status - in Application Summary, under the Decision Letter

Ok, thanks! That’s where I have been checking—nothing so far. I wanted to make sure I have been checking in the correct spot, thank you!

My dad was talking to an admissions counselor and he said that the presidential scholarships were getting mailed today and will also be available to view on mypurdue starting some time today. I checked mypurdue and have nothing so far

Same here @Schmitty3333 - I checked just now and nothing has changed from my previous offer I mentioned. Hopefully (and I wouldn’t think) that offer precludes my getting of any other scholarships, but I don’t know.

My dad said that the admissions counselor told him that they will continue posting the scholarships until Friday. That is when everybody should know by.

@Schmitty3333 Thanks for the information! I was going to call, but I never got around to it and just decided to wait until others heard back. I’ll post if/when I hear about anything.

@Schmitty3333 Thank you for the update. I will remind my daughter to start checking over the next couple days. As of now there is no change on her status portal.

@Schmitty3333‌ that’s nerve-wracking! Thanks for the information! Nothing so far.

It is nerve-wracking! Given the high number of e-mails that Purdue sends (seems like almost daily) with invitations to chats and whatnot, it would be kind of nice to get one that says there’s been a change on you status portal, make sure to check soon, or something like that. Oh well, it is what it is.

Just curious, but on Purdue’s website, when it says that 1100 presidential scholarships are disbursed annually - does it mean total - like across all student body - freshman through seniors? So about 275 will be awarded this year to incoming freshman? Or am I mistaken?

@ClassicalCollege I don’t know for sure, but I believe that is across the accepted upcoming Freshman only, which is still a rather large and competitive pool.

@NorthernMom61‌ whenever I see a Purdue e-mail, I jump, only to realize it’s an invitation to a chat. The wait is a killer!

@ClassicalCollege‌ I believe it is for the upcoming Freshmen only.

I hear ya. That would be exciting. My S was accepted ME and the wait is nerve-racking. Seems like all we ever get are chat invites. Got one for Dean of Engineering chat. I assume others have also. We might learn something more with that one.

I see we are all still waiting and hoping. We can’t do most of the chats as we live in an Asian time zone (Americans overseas) and are at work or school when they happen. I keep reminding my daughter that even though her stats are great, the admitted pool, particularly engineering, is big and likely similar in stats so that if a scholarship is not offered she will keep her mind open to some of her other options. She will be disappointed though. I was excited yesterday to hear that we all might hear something by the weekend, but that type of thing is happening on another school’s RD threads that I am following. Someone will call the school and be told that certain information will be coming out then it doesn’t happen. It kind of makes the waiting harder.

Last year the Presidential scholarships were posted on February 25/26 based on the thread from a year ago.