Pitt Merit Aid thread - Class of 2027

same - except acceptance was late november

Use the travel sites available on the internet, you can find a good price without Pitt discount.

1 Like

Do you know if there was a separate application for this?

1 Like

There is no separate application for merit. All applicants are considered. Good luck!

2 Likes

Do you mean the multicultural visit day? No, he received this email on 1/30 so I assume they send to most students who are minorities? (Full email is above)

Hello, Future Panther!

We are proud to invite you to MVP on the evening of February 24

The Multicultural Visit Program is a one-of-a-kind on-campus event designed to show how our campus community, combined with Pittā€™s incredible academic and experiential opportunities, will help you find your fit at Pitt and beyond.ā€¦

Thank you!

Anyone has heard from Pitt for Chancellorā€™s scholarship? Website says interview notifications will go out early February.

1 Like

No, but we are curious as well. Looking through past years it seems the notifications were late Feb/early March. I assume honors college invites will go out at the same time or earlier? Just a waiting game.

1 Like

Fingers crossed! My kid has not received any other merit notification either, was admitted in December.

2 Likes

My son is OOS so did receive $15K merit which was then superseded by Tuition Exchange (full tuition), but he did apply to honors, and itā€™s down to Pitt and one other school so we want all the info.

2 Likes

Is Chancellorā€™s full tuition? I thought I heard they release honors decisions first and then invitations for the larger scholarships but not sure.

I just looked up the details. According to this, they would have already sent out invitations but hopefully they are just behind the expected schedule.

Chancellorā€™s Scholarship

The Chancellorā€™s Scholarship is one of the University of Pittsburghā€™s most prestigious awards. Awarded to incoming first-year students admitted to Frederick Honors College, Chancellorā€™s Scholars receive the individualized attention of an academically demanding small college along with the scholarly advantages of a major research university.

Scholarship Details
The Chancellorā€™s Scholarship is a four-year undergraduate award covering:

• Full tuition
  • Mandatory fees
  • Average room and board plan
  • Guaranteed Frederick Honors College housing

Eligibility Requirements

• Candidates must meet the December 1 Frederick Honors College application deadline and be admitted into Frederick Honors College
  • Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
  • Must be an incoming first-year student
  • Must maintain full-time enrollment at the Pittsburgh campus

Selection Process
No more than 50 students admitted to Frederick Honors College will be invited to an on-campus interview with the Chancellorā€™s Scholarship Selection Committee consisting of the Frederick Honors College dean, director of advising, and academic advisors.

Selections for interviews are competitively based on a candidateā€™s high school academic record (submitted as part of the application for admission), results of the SAT/ACT (if applicable), and quality of the required Frederick Honors College application essay questions. In addition, the Selection Committee will also seek an interview pool fairly representing the incoming class as demonstrated by academic schools/majors and demographics, including residency, gender, ethnic diversity, etc.

Interview notifications will be sent in early-February and interviews will take place throughout the month of March. Only those candidates invited to the on-campus interviews will be notified. Those participants in the Chancellorā€™s Scholarship interview process are notified of their final status no later than mid-April. Each year, approximately 15 members of the incoming class are recipients of this competitive scholarship.

Scholarship Renewal Requirements
The Chancellorā€™s Scholarship can be used for four years/eight semesters of full-time undergraduate study at the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Campus. To renew the scholarship on an annual basis, recipients must:

This is the webpage I was reading which states notifications for interviews would go out in early February, but if Honors decisions have not been made, likely their schedule is slipping.

Yep, this is what I read (we werenā€™t aware of Chancellorā€™s until recently), but I havenā€™t seen anyone announce anywhere (here, reddit, FB college groups) that they received an invite for Chancellors. Usually something pops up somewhere. Similar in searching to see if honors invites were sent.

1 Like

Thatā€™s really good to know. I understand these elite scholarships (and even getting into the honors program) are a long shot but nice to know we can continue to hope for now :crossed_fingers: My son was invited to interview for a full ride STAMPS scholarship at another school so that was a pleasant shock-you just never know!

This is the part that likely kicks my kid out of the running. Everything else is rock solid.

1 Like

Your kid wonā€™t represent the incoming class? Iā€™m assuming they want a balanced mix of genders, ethnicities, and majors, so that doesnā€™t kick anyone out of the running. I expect it to be a highly accomplished group being asked to interview.

3 Likes

I agree. We never really know what they are looking for in terms of diversity. It could be that the music department is looking to fill a section of instruments or they are looking for more gender balance. Donā€™t count anyone out!

2 Likes

Sounds like Honors decisions will come around March 1st, followed by Chancellor invitations about a week later (based on last year.) When should we expect a financial aid notice? And if we donā€™t get merit by 3/15, should we assume itā€™s a lost cause?

1 Like

From what I understand, the committee reviews for merit awards weekly from Oct - March 1. If you havenā€™t received merit by March 1, itā€™s not coming. Iā€™ll be honest, from what Iā€™ve been monitoring, looks like people receive notification a few weeks after acceptance. Obviously , there are exceptions. We basically think, if we havenā€™t received it by now, that ship has sailed. (Unfortunately!)

2 Likes