Postponed... Decisions?

<p>I don’t think any postponed applicants have found out yet but on this day last year the first final decisions for postponed applicants were posted online! In 2009 most of those who were postponed found out just a few days prior to March 15.</p>

<p>Anyone getting likely letters or encouraging e-mails from other colleges which rank much higher then U Madison?</p>

<p>Has anyone received a final decision online yet?</p>

<p>My student is waiting for a postponed decision as well. 32 ACT, Eagle scout, band, 9 ap classes and still no decision. He is in at Marquette and Minn. with solid scholarship money and both schools asked him to join the honors program. He will know on three UC’s this week. He is feeling like UW just does not really want him, where the other schools have gone above and beyond to make him feel wanted. Both parents are Badger alum but I guess all of that adds up to is HMMMMM, we will think about it. Has anyone else had a postponed decision outcome? Thanks and goodluck to all. :)</p>

<p>@popeyoung5
Thank you and good luck to your son too. As far as I know, no postponed applicant has heard a decision yet. We are expecting this to change until March 15th.</p>

<p>International applicant.
Accepted :)</p>

<p>But app was never postponed. All my materials were in by early December and status was the same since 3 months

• ’ We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status. ’ *</p>

<p>And now suddenly * ’ Congrats …’ *</p>

<p>Good luck to all of ya…</p>

<p>Reading Jenny’s Blog sounds like decisions for postponed will be put on-line 2-3 days after decision is made and they plan to have all decsions made by March 15th at 11 PM. This could mean that some decisions will not show up on-line until March 18th. Countdown has begun!!! 11 days or less…</p>

<p>Who is Jenny and where is her blog?</p>

<p>[Wisconsin</a> Blogs - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/blogs/2011/02/25/guest-blogger-my-experience-as-a-postponed-applicant/]Wisconsin”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/blogs/2011/02/25/guest-blogger-my-experience-as-a-postponed-applicant/)</p>

<p>i don’t feel as “unwanted” by UW after reading that. i can barely think about anything else aside from getting a decision from UW (had a very realistic dream about being accepted last night. it was heartbreaking to wake up and realize it was fake.) but the end of this is near…stay positive, guys! :)</p>

<p>I know that a decision will be coming soon but I feel like venting. Hope everyone doesn’t mind. I’m very frustrated at this process. My daughter was so excited about attending UW-Madison. She applied back in October and was postponed in early November, so it’s been 4+ months of waiting. Very good student. OOS 4.3 GP 29 ACT 4 excellent letters of rec. Many AP/Honors courses throughout a very competitive High School. Many leadership awards, varsity athlete, lots of EC. Her application essays were also very good in the opinion of her high school counselor. Why does a student who is obviously very interested in attending as opposed to someone who doesn’t even apply until late January have to wait like this? I don’t get it. I know what the process is, but I think it stinks.
At this point even if she gets in, I’m not sure she will even attend. Several other top schools have been actively pursuing her which of course feels great. I know this situation exists with many other top students and UW Madison will lose many of them.
Thanks for listening!</p>

<p>jenny is an admissions counselor and if you go to UW-Madison web page undergrad admissions you will see wisconsin blogs. Click onto that and you will see most recent bloggers.</p>

<p>Many top schools have not even made reply one. UW was undervalued for too long and is now getting the level of interest it has earned for decades.</p>

<p>Anyone else having trouble accessing the Wisconsin admissions website?</p>

<p>Yes, admissions.wisc.edu is not loading.</p>

<p>Sorry for the random question, but I saw a couple of people that brought it up…I sent my mid year transcript in a manilla envelope…I was wondering if that’s ok? They probably have the blue envelope to designate the people who are still interested in being reviewed about being postponed…I should probably just call them.</p>

<p>I would say that everything is OK but you better call them to confirm.</p>

<p>My D’s admission counselor called and they said that if the grades were uploaded electronically that was fine. Blue envelope wasn’t necessary although my D did both just to be sure.</p>

<p>I think if you would poll the deferred list most have over a 3.5 GPA with over 1900 on their sat’s. I think the bar is set very high because we are in a major baby boom class. I don’t think UW will capure a great deal of students over 3.5 and over 2000 on their sat’s because every school in the country wants a segment of that population. I believe most student accepted had over a 3.8 and 2100 on their sat’s. Most of these students will go to other schools. Rich and poor students will probably go to private schools. The trick for the admission people is to get as many of the 3.5 and above without over booking. All state schools they are having similar problems. In prior years you would have easily been accepted.</p>

<p>I agree with JacksonG, At this point even if my s gets in He is not feeling wanted at all. Other top schools have done a great job making an effort to feel welcome. Too bad, as an 80’ alum, I sense my son’s Badger experience will not be the same. UW will loose many solid students playing the postponed game.</p>

<p>The experience will be there except better. There is far more spirit and success on campus than in the late 70’s when things were fairly bleak in many ways. The best is worth waiting for and just getting in will mean much more than it used to. Just like at the other top state U’s from UC Berkeley to UVa and U North Carolina. Nobody assumes they will just get in and just deals with it. UW is now clearly moving in that direction. The better the inputs the better the outputs and the better the degree is valued in the future. I suspect the faculty will like it better too.</p>