Presidential Scholarship Letter today!

<p>My DD received official notification today that she received the Presidential Scholarship “of $22,950 per year (which is the value of tuition for a full-time student based on the 2012-2013 cost.) This scholarship will be renewed each year for four years of undergraduate studies if you maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher each semester. If the cost of tuition rises, your scholarship will be adjusted to cover that increase.”</p>

<p>Woo hoo!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats! That’s a great accomplishment!</p>

<p>Congratulations! My S and his friend got their letters today, too!</p>

<p>YAAY!!! Congrats!!!</p>

<p>Yay! Congrats to mom2them’s DD and Peachtide’s S, what a happy mail day!</p>

<p>Peachtide: Congrats to your S, too!! </p>

<p>Thanks everyone!!!</p>

<p>Even though we knew her ACT score was high enough to qualify for Presidential, it is a great feeling to see it in black and white!!</p>

<p>Congrats and ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>Congrats to all. RTR!</p>

<p>YAY!!!</p>

<p>Did all y’all simply apply and be accepted, or did you send in your deposit? </p>

<p>Also, did you send in your Scholarship app?</p>

<p>Just wondering how far down the road a student goes before receiving the PS letter?</p>

<p>Congrats!! And as a side note, my D’s presidential was worth even more than advertised this semester because of the number of hours she is taking. It’s been said on this forum that it will cover up to 20.</p>

<p>TX: My DD has only applied. We haven’t submitted deposits nor has she completed the scholarship app. She is waiting for fall elections of two ECs, which should be in next week or so!</p>

<p>WOW!!! It is raining pretty hard here, and I am sooooo sweet I could melt, but I may just risk a trip to the mailbox!</p>

<p>I’ll have a Malbec and give it some thought…</p>

<p>Well it’s just a single page letter that came in a regular size envelope from Undergraduate Admissions. I thought it was just a reminder about the enrollment deposit…</p>

<p>Had no idea it would be such awesome news!</p>

<p>And lattelady: Yes, I’ve read that it covers more than just 18 hours…! My DD is much smarter than me… I just crunched the numbers and it’s a total of $92K!!! WOW!!</p>

<p>I got mine today too! I was accepted a couple weeks ago and sent my scholarship app in at the end of August I think. Roll tide!</p>

<p>Congratulations to all you!!! The Presidential Scholarship is awesome!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>D1 got her letter today too, along with a separate letter from the Dean of Arts & Science congratulating her on her acceptance to the University. I called home and instead of saying hello she just started reading the letter :slight_smile: </p>

<p>UA does such a good job of letting the kids know they’re part of a family. </p>

<p>FYI: D2 did finish her application for scholarships…last Friday night. Have I mentioned how efficient UA is?</p>

<p>Roll Tide :)</p>

<p>Such awesome news! Congrats, everyone!!! We are just able to submit requests for transcripts THIS WEEK at our high school, so hopefully DD will be admitted SOON!! Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Congrats to all!!!</p>

<p>Getting these scholarship letters out is a good strategy by Bama. It’s so early in the app season that many kids haven’t applied to many/any other schools. With acceptance and scholarships in hand, a number of them won’t apply anywhere else.</p>

<p>Yay!!! Congrats all around! S got his today, too.</p>