Presidential Scholorship News?

<p>^^</p>

<p>To get the one described above $1k per year for children/grandkids, you only need an ACT 25</p>

<p><a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/12-13ScholarFlyer.pdf[/url]”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/12-13ScholarFlyer.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>For the big alumni scholarships… Mostly for instate, you don’t have to be related to an alum.</p>

<p>[National</a> Alumni Association Crimson Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/crimson.html]National”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/crimson.html)</p>

<p>My D got a letter Friday saying she has been awarded a Presidential Scholarship. She also received a letter that she qualifies for the University Fellows and can apply.</p>

<p>Oh good…so letters are going out!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Just received reply from Scholorship office- letters will be going out “by” the end of month. Sounds like from the previous post they may have already started.</p>

<p>Received the invitation to University Fellows…but no info yet on Presidential Scholarship. (I am still concerned that we didn’t fill out the scholarship form correctly…but no way to go back and check.)</p>

<p>Scholarship office said they mailed out scholarship letters yesterday</p>

<p>I spoke with the scholarship dept staff today. I know this has been mentioned but wanted to confirm that “automatic” scholarship letters are going out now or near future. In the Spring, a “complete” scholarship package will be mailed. The “complete” package contains additional or possibly more scholarship from specific Departments, Alumni, etc.</p>

<p>My D received a certificate as National Merit who was admitted by December 1, which lays out the scholarship. That arrived yesterday. Invitation came last week for Fellows. Her application was completed on October 3 and received acceptance letter the following Friday.</p>

<p>What about the NMF package? I’ve already been admitted and submitted my scholarship application indicating I’m a NMSF.</p>

<p>Last year D received a certificate congratulating her on being a NMSF stating that she would get the presidential scholarship and it also listed what she would receive in addition if she became a finalist. The final scholarship letter that she received in the spring, as mentioned above, listed her NMF scholarship package.</p>

<p>D had applied and been accepted before she found out she was a NMSF. We did not notify them of the new standing, they found out on their own.</p>

<p>Tommy, you should get information soon. What she received is a card stock certificate mentioning everything she will receive if she lists UA as her first choice by the National Merit deadline and registers for a Bama Bound Orientation by June 1st. </p>

<p>Congratulations. Now, what can you tell me about USF? A friend of my D is considering school in Florida.</p>

<p>Thanks! I’m afraid I don’t know much about USF… it’s usually the third or fourth choice for kids here. UF and FSU are the most popular schools for in state, but UCF is an up an coming school. USF is in Tampa and from what I’ve heard the campus (and weather of course) is gorgeous.</p>

<p>Thanks for that. I think she wants to go for the weather although she does have extended family in the area, so that may play a part, too.</p>

<p>I’m a proud dad today – My D (oldest of three prepping for Bama) received her letter from Bama “Admissions” – awarding her full Presidential Scholarship. It went on to say that she is encouraged to submit her scholarship app by priority date of 1 Dec if she hasn’t already done so, and would receive a confirmation letter of scholarship by mid March 2012. RTR!!!</p>

<p>I got my letter for the Presidential!</p>

<p>Got my letter today for the Presidential Scholarship! It says the confirmation letter will come in mid-March.</p>

<p>My daughter got hers today too.</p>

<p>Congrats to all of you!</p>

<p>Arrggh…ds hasn’t received his yet. Hopefully it’s just because we are further away and NOT that we messed up the app. :(</p>

<p>My son received his today, too. He has not yet filled out the scholarship app. We are in the Chicago suburbs.</p>

<p>They have not made it to Colorado yet!</p>