Prospective Class of 2018

<p>^^^Have you tried the ACT???</p>

<p>Cheermom: Bama does not " superscore".</p>

<p>@edjumacation…good work…you will be fine…your parents must be proud of you!</p>

<p>Robotbidmom on is correct… You need the necessary scores from one sitting…no super scoring.</p>

<p>Robot, I may have written that poorly. What I meant to say was that I had to try the SAT four times, but I eventually got the 1400! Haha, my reading score did the heavy lifting whilst my math score limped along. </p>

<p>I’m just saying that, until they post the scholarship info, I won’t rest easy.</p>

<p>^^^Well Done then!! </p>

<p>Advice to other students: Try both tests (ACT and SAT) Some students do better on one test or the other. Don’t be afraid to try the tests multiple times. :)</p>

<p>Don’t forget that currently you need a cum 3.5 GPA for scholarships.</p>

<p>We aren’t resting easy either! Until it is in writing!</p>

<p>CrimsonMomNC/Class2012Mom/ProudMama3/rototbldmom - Thanks SO much for all the info! Boohoo on the superscore issue, in that case Cheergirl has an ACT-26 and showing no signs of actually studying for the upcoming tests. :(</p>

<p>Cheermom, hopefully the stars will line up for cheergirl! DD never studied either and went from a 29 to a 32 in 4 sittings. Fingers crossed for you all too!</p>

<p>Cheermom, here was my progression on each test, with no studying (other than going to school).</p>

<p>ACT: 27, 31, 31
SAT: 1370, 1290, 1340, 1410</p>

<p>Definitely worth a few more tries. It’s not about intelligence, it’s about getting used to the testing format.</p>

<p>Err, SAT actually was 1290, 1370, 1340, 1410. But the point stands.</p>

<p>My daughter took the ACT 4 times and got the following (in this order): 27, 30, 29, 32. She did very little studying (despite the fact that I bought her a software program and flashcards!) I think she reviewed the flashcards a few times and then took a sample test just before her final attempt.</p>

<p>^^^I don’t know RTRMom2 if your daughter’s stats are encouraging or not. My S got a 30 and a 31…we are hoping for a 32. Hopefully he doesn’t go down like your D on her 3rd test since I don’t think the December one will count. Fingers crossed, especially as S is NOT studying like he said he would!!!</p>

<p>I think it is common for kids that take the test 3 or more times for a score to decrease once from the previous. I know many of my son’s friends did. Then the next time they will raise it. I don’t know why. Just seems to happen to the ones I know.</p>

<p>My son was lucky and got a 30 in February and then 33 in April. I couldn’t talk him into to taking it again. He was afraid his score would drop.</p>

<p>Just pick the worst subject area and study. My reading and writing were great (760 and 780) but my math was abysmal (began at a 550). Even with minimal effort I could pull my score up by 100 points simply because it was so low to begin with. </p>

<p>Now, if most of your scores are on the same level, that’s when studying gets more complex.</p>

<p>DD’s progression was 29, 31, 31, 32. If it is any help, she definitely felt the worst about the 4th one. She was convinced that there was no way she got the 32. It came as quite a shock! Her math was 4 points lower than her highest, but everything else was up. Remember, you just need a 31.5. It rounds to a 32!!</p>

<p>So, tomorrow is the first day of August. Think we’ll see the new scholarship reqs?</p>

<p>Just noticed that the In State Scholarship information has been updated to 2014-2015. Fingers crossed that Out of State is updated today!</p>

<p>It is up!!! Looks like they added a new 1/2 scholarship, but the Presidential is the same! WOOHOO! DD will be committing the day the acceptance arrives! We are so excited! A BIG ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>I noticed on the UA undergraduate scholarship FAQ page:
The national December ACT and the national November SAT are the last college entrance examination results accepted for students who want scholarship consideration.
I’m not sure if this is new change, but I know when my older daughter applied a few years ago, the October ACT test was the last one accepted.</p>