PSA - Fall "transfer" 2020 - Updates, Q/A, Information

@JaceyK Received directly or in a sealed envelope. They can electronically request it be sent from CC otherwise it has to arrive snail mail in sealed envelope. When you submitted electronically, did you have it ordered and sent from CC? Your student can get that via SAIL. Let me see if I can find the info.

Log-in to S.A.I.L.
Current Islanders: log-in information is the same as Blackboard/computer log-in

Former Islanders: User-ID: A-number

PIN: DOB (MMDDYY) unless student has changed it. If student has forgotten PIN contact IT Service Desk to reset PIN at (361) 825-2692.

Click on ā€œStudentā€ link.
Click on ā€œStudent Recordsā€ link.
Click on ā€œOrder Transcript Onlineā€ and you will be navigated to the Parchment website to order your official transcript.
Enter information where you would like your document(s) to be sent. You can search for your destination by Institution Name, Acronym, Location, or Email. You can also select to Send to Yourself, Another Individual, or Third Party. Click ā€œSearchā€ button when done.
If sending to Institution, confirm Institution, Email, and Location. Then click ā€œSelectā€.
Select Product Type. See Types of Transcripts Available below.
Enter Order Options. You can upload supporting documentation, enter special instructions, and enter quantity.
Confirm Shopping Cart Contents.
Accept Consent form to release academic records (FERPA)
Enter Payment Method and confirm Billing Address.
Confirm Order.
Order complete. If you would like to order more transcripts, please click on the ā€œHomeā€ link in the upper left-hand corner

From CS: OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT(s) from ALL schools previously attended.
Coursework from one college posted on the transcript of another is not acceptable.

College transcript(s) for dual/college credit earned in high school must be submitted.

All college transcripts will be evaluated, assigned credit and posted to the student record (viewable in Howdy) upon admission.

Paper transcripts must be mailed in a sealed school envelope.

Faxed, scanned, photocopied or emailed copies are not acceptable.

PREFERRED > electronic transcripts sent by SPEEDE
OTHER METHODS:
mail
electronic transcripts sent by eSCRIP-SAFE, PARCHMENT, and National Student Clearinghouse
@JaceyK - CC uses electronic via PARCHMENT- when I spoke to admin yesterday they said electronic straight from the campus. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

@libbyshims Yes we did both snail mail (last week) and electronic (etransfer - yesterday).

@JaceyK @libbyshims @OMGdontblink Just read this on admissions webpage ā€¦think itā€™ll could be of benefit, if anyone is feeling pinched for time. We should have until 5pm Mon 2nd March to have everything submitted/uploaded etc
ā€œIf the deadline falls on a weekend, the ApplyTexas and Coalition application will remain open until 11:59 pm (Central Standard Time) on the following Monday. Required documents will be accepted until 5:00 pm (Central Standard Time) on that Mondayā€

@libbyshims Our DD (PTA for Fall 2021 auto entry) just signed lease (last Thursday we drove down to tour housing & yesterday drove down to sign lease) with 3 roommates at Holleman Crossing. I researched EACH & EVERY option in CS. If anyone wants my feedback, please DM me, and Iā€™ll share. Iā€™m SO EXCITED for all PSA/PTA future Former Students!! GIG 'EM!

@Scotsfi on AIS under documents required for submission, there is this line. BACTERIAL MENINGITIS PROOF OF VACCINATION (Details) if you click on details it will open another tab called Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement. On that page it gives you instructions to register with Med+Proctor. DS registered with Med+Proctor and uploaded his proof of vaccination (which we got from his doctor) through Med+Proctor system. It eventually updated in AIS. It looks like @libbyshims uploaded it directly through AIS and it worked for them.

So do you all think that everything is good if they have green check marks by everything except COLLEGE TRNS FINAL GRADES FROM TEXAS A&M UNIV-CORPUS CHRISTI?

I live in Aggieland and can also help if you guys have any questions on off campus housing. Traffic is the main thing around 2818 and Holleman.

@OMGdontblink I would say so ā€¦that final transcript is just something we canā€™t provide at this point (& admissions know this)

Got the yellow caution box for TAMUCC transcript. Whew!!

Called CSTAT admin yesterday and they show DS CC fall transcript DELIVERED!!! She told me not to worry that it will take a couple weeks to update but he has it in by the deadline so all we need now will be the spring final transcript. Huge relief. As you all know the stress our kids had waiting all last year and all their hard work to know he is one step closer to his goal made me quite teary! Probably tears of relief! Lol

I should add I am traveling and havenā€™t been able to log into AIS

Just checked AIS and have the yellow caution box on both fall and final transcripts. Whew is right, @JaceyK :slight_smile:

@libbyshims Can I ask what did you send in to receive a yellow caution box next to Final transcripts?

@scotsfi I think when they receive any transcript, both (current and final) transcript requirements show yellow caution box until they actually review the transcripts. Once reviewed, one (the current) will turn into green check, and the final transcript will revert back to red x. That is what I think.

@libbyshims I know what you mean about feeling teary. These kids have worked so hard. @scotsfi and @jaceyk we have the green check mark next to COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT FROM TEXAS A&M UNIV-CORPUS CHRISTI and next to COLLEGE TRNS FINAL GRADES FROM TEXAS A&M UNIV-CORPUS CHRISTI is the mean red X. That wonā€™t change until they get that final transcript in May.

@Scotsfi - yes, the caution box meant they received but didnā€™t have it uploaded yet. When I went on this morning, the yellow box is gone, as is the current transcript from CC line. The only warning box is the one for final. I went into the my documents page and saw that the transcripts (manual one sent in as well as electronic haha) were marked as received. The admin person did say to me on the phone to be sure to get that electronic request in for the CC transcript as soon as the grades get posted. So Iā€™m pretty much going to demand my son give me access to his SAIL so I can go in and request that CC send the damn thing myself. Not taking any chances on this one. lol

I wish we could post screen shots on this pageā€¦just sayinā€™

Howdy!
I hope I am posting in the right place. But I was wondering if any of yā€™all had decisions from TAMU about them reviewing spring grades and then making a decision! I am a little nervous. I am an environmental science major so would be attending the college of geosciences. And I am currently at Blinn. TAMU came back about my app by saying they want to review my spring grades before a decision is made! I have a 2.69 for the minimum of 2.5 for the major! I am hoping my grades from this spring will boost my gpa. But I am just nervous about getting in! If I donā€™t get in, I will reapply for the spring! Anyone else in the same situation?