Purdue Merit Scholarships Class of 2021

Did anyone recieve a email of some sort such as this?

“Once again, I have the honor of congratulating you — this time because you have earned a Purdue merit scholarship. Well done! Your award letter is in the mail, which will provide details about the scholarship’s value and renewability requirements.”

If you did, did you get your scholarship information in the mail yet?

Yes, we also received the above email. Have not received the letter in the mail yet.

Same here. Waiting for the mail

Do you guys know the amount the scholarship is??

D received that email last Friday 2/3.

She got the letter in the mail today. It was for the Presidential scholarship which is $10,000 per year (we are OOS).

To all the people above, what were you kid’s ACT or SAT scores? My daughter has her heart set on Purdue (aviation). Three of the other schools she applied to (Embry Riddle, ASU, Lewis,) offered $17,000 for 4 years but nothing from Purdue. She will be so disappointed.

Does the scholarship appear in the financial area (total cost of attendance) of the my Purdue account

My son has scholarship offers from other schools and nothing yet from Purdue. He has an ACT of 34 and is in the top of his class. We are out of state and Purdue is his 1st choice but it is looking like maybe he didn’t get a scholarship offer.

I had ACT of 30 and SAT of 1360, I don’t know how I got a Merit Scholarship lol. Maybe a mistake?? :smiley:

I still haven’t gotten mine in the mail

I tried looking, but it only appears if you accept it I think, but don’t mark my word for it.

Presidential Scholarship listed this AM on student portal. It was actually added on as an additional item and listed as financial aid/awards. OOS

Hi @BreakfastClub1 thanks for the info. Had you received any other info prior to noticing the portal update?

We haven’t received anything but a recent email stating that financial aid info would be available this week by activating the Purdue account and checking that portal. I suppose we should do that.

@Banker1 We received only the email at the end of last week saying my S received a scholarship and that it would be in mail. Have not received yet. Received email that financial aid would be added after 2/17. Ours was up this AM and showed presidential scholarship.

Merit scholarships are decided by the admissions committee of each school. My D with ACT32 and 99%STEM, GPA 4.4 did not get merit from school of engineering. Believe or not she is in the 60th percentile of engineering applicants. Lots of schools showing love with average awards of 20K per year. Disappointed in Purdues lack of communication and no word about the Honors program. The only thing she got in the mail is a poster “you are a Boilermaker.” She wanted to be but has lost interest.

Similar situation here. Where did your D decide or where is she leaning? Great that other schools offering awards in those levels.

@Jrf2021 Still deciding and waiting for scholarship notifications. So far Loyola Chicago is showing the most love.

We emailed admissions to get clarity on the status of merit consideration. Nothing but the $5500 loan showing on the portal.

FYI recipients of the Beering and Trustees’ scholarships are selected by the Office of Admissions, and only the Presidential Scholarship is selected by the Colleges.

Gotta say your all making me feel alot better. FYE here, no scholarship and no aid…apparently we are able to cover school and then some…are they crazy? Hope to hear about honors next week but not holding my breath. Another posted that Honors invites are going out 2/28 we will see if that’s true. Killer bill for the P’s. Got in, not sure if I want to go anymore…

I don’t understand how the engineering merit scholarships were given out…33ACT, 4.3 GPA, not one dollar. I called the admissions office and they said that I should be happy I was accepted into FYE so that should be good enough. I worked so hard to maintain and earn my grades and I feel like I doesn’t even matter. I’m so disappointed.