Review applicants, when should we hear back?

@midwestaggie‌ - arrgggh…I just called admissions. I couldn’t take it and asked for more clarity around timing and the counselor I spoke with just said decisions “should” be out by the end of Feb…sigh. I know there’s a ton of applicants but unnecessarily prolonged.

Today, the TexAgs forum states again that they expect to send about 500 more full admissions for around 2500 total from the review applications, 4000 Blinn TEAM, 700 Gateway and over 10,000 denials. They have previously stated that they had over 38,000 applications with 14,000 being auto admits. Doing the math, it seems that they would have well over 16,000 denials not 10,000. Any ideas on where the difference would be?

@jebphd‌ - Thanks for the info. Did they say when these were being sent out?

From 1/24 “TAMU will continue to send admission decisions each week until we’re finished, which should be the end of February at the latest.”

Here’s class of 2018 breakdown http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/profile I think the difference is the 10,000 quote is PSA and the remainder are denials ( PSA is not considered acceptance, but some people don’t get offered that either).

I’m still waiting in engineering review… I’m in the top 2% of my class and have a 33 ACT so I thought I’d be admitted by now. Hopefully I’ll hear something tomorrow.

I am a review applicant (applied for business administration but never expected to be accepted into that right away) but I didn’t apply until November so I’m not expected a decision until next month but still checking every day. I would also be very happy with a blinn TEAM offer but does anyone know what it will say on AIS if you don’t get full admission but some type of alternative offer?

@nofate – when did you submit your application?

@Loganator‌ I applied November 30th (which is pretty late, I know). I’m still in engineering review, as of today.

Well, no update again this last Thursday of the month…sigh.

Anyone NON Engineering hear back this month that was a review candidate?

does anyone know if any rejection/ blinn/ gateway letters have been sent out?

This waiting is giving me an OCD :((

What’s Gateway?

@Sparklekim101‌

"Aggie Gateway to Success (Gateway or AGS) is a provisional admission program at Texas A&M University that is administered through Texas A&M University Transition Academic Programs. Gateway students are given a unique chance to gain full admission by taking summer courses and proving how well they can do academically.

Furthermore, Gateway students are supported by a group of academic mentors who are a part of the AGS staff. These mentors are undergraduate students at Texas A&M University who have previously completed the AGS program. In addition to attending their summer session courses, Gateway students will go through various programs and presentations that focus on different skill sets to help them succeed academically.

Gateway students who successfully complete the AGS program experience a smooth transition from high school to Aggieland. The students get acquainted to the culture here at Texas A&M University while developing academically as college students by earning credit hours. Most Gateway students find that they are already well-adjusted when the rest of the freshmen class joins them for the Fall semester."

https://tap.tamu.edu/gateway/

My son (COE applicant / out of state) had his account change this morning to “summer general studies”. We called and a very nice supervisor explained that he was conditionally admitted and offered Gateway. If he completes Gateway successfully, he is a fully admitted in the Fall. He applied the first day applications opened and we were unsure of his chances given the messages/stat’s I’ve seen, but to be honest, this seems like not only great news but a good program for him to transition into Texas A&M. He was accepted to 7 other fairly challenging schools but wants A&M. So am I missing anything in lieu of the Gateway details which are forthcoming? Is our celebration warranted? :slight_smile:

Congrats @SgtFriar2015 ! Just make sure your son knows all his grades count- not just to continue in the Fall but for his scholarship which are cumulative - start strong & put yourself in a good position for more challenging times later down the road.

Thanks AGMomx2 - I have stressed this big time and he’s very excited.

congrats @sgfriar2015. Do you mind sharing what your childs stats were. just trying to gage what they are accepting. I have understood that often gateway is offered to students with a hardship and the classes offered in the summer help prepare them for fall semester. This all sounds like a great idea to get them ready! Thanks for sharing your story!