Roommate brought 22 pillows, 4 lamps, 7 towels, and a large ceramic pineapple

At HomeGoods yesterday, and so many pineapple things. Candles, glass replicas, pictures on water glasses. Who knew?

Moved my S in yesterday and was offered a pineapple tea sample from Starbucks!

@bookworm: I was at HomeGoods yesterday and saw the exact same thing. Almost laughed out loud. Thank heaven for this thread or I might have been tempted to buy one. I’m pretty sure our garage could use one.

I’m always the last to find out about decorating trends. So humiliating to be out-decorated by a college freshman . .

I am seeing pineapples everywhere. These lights are cute in fact Bonton has a lot of pineapple themed stuff.
https://www.bonton.com/sc1/query/pineapple/order-home-collection-pineapple-10-ft-string-lights-1195236.html

Pineapples are a symbol of welcome in a home, so have always been popular on household items.

I just picked up a pineapple at Costco - a practical one, ya know, the kind you eat. Still made me chuckle.

I was at a thrift store yesterday and saw an Ethan Allen sleeper sofa with a pineapple design on the upholstery. So tempted! ;-D

Apparently the thread has drifted into pineapple sightings. I’m in. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw that D had bought a (real) pineapple.

There is a whole song in the musical Cabaret about a pineapple, an older gentleman gives it to the older woman he is trying to woo … as the “ultimate” decadent gift. (Which in during the depression, it kind of was)

What about the squatty potty sightings? :wink:

Me, me, me! Saw 2 versions on the Bed Bath & Beyond website today in the college section!

I camping in Eastern Oregon right now for the eclipse and really wish I had some of those 22 pillows right now.

I had a ceramic pineapple sighting while doing last minute dorm shopping! Pictured in my avatar photo.

I have a pineapple trivet I got as a wedding gift. I thought about sneaking it into D’s luggage, but I’m afraid it will throw her over the weight limit! :slight_smile:

The Squatty Potty has gone totally mainstream. Costco has them for $10 off in the Sept. circular. :smiley:

I currently own a pineapple lamp that was in my parents’ house when I was a kid.

I saw a box of kleenex adorned with pineapples at Target the other day. And there was an invasion of pineapples at Home Goods

Darn I’m sorry I was out of town when this thread was hopping and had avatar pictures! What nerve to bring so much stuff! My D had a similar (but much less!) experience with an overzealous freshman roommate.

As for the pineapple, I have a ceramic pineapple cookie jar that I love on my kitchen counter. I’ve had it for a year or two. Pineapples make me smile.

22 pillows?! God forbid she someday falls in love and marries a man like my Mr. He declared 2 europillows in decorative shams on our bed unacceptable because they are solely used for decor purposes! :slight_smile: