Singer scholarship?

<p>tictac380: I was invited with a 1550/2320 SAT and ~3.9 GPA.</p>

<p>D had 34 ACT and 1460 SAT. Top 1% of her graduating class. Good EC’s with leadership.</p>

<p>thank you so much for all the singer’s info. it appears that scholarship is much harder to get than i imagined. I guess I won’t really know if I have a chance of getting the scholarship until they give me my decision…which hasn’t happened yet :(</p>

<p>Is this award only for entering freshmen? or can they offer this for transferring sophomores?</p>

<p>I was invited too…Anyone know what all being a Singer scholar entails?</p>

<p>I am pretty sure it is only for freshmen. Here is a link:</p>

<p>[Isaac</a> Bashevis Singer Scholarship Competition](<a href=“http://www6.miami.edu/scholarships/singercompetition/index.htm]Isaac”>http://www6.miami.edu/scholarships/singercompetition/index.htm)</p>

<p>Tictac, don’t worry. My qualifications seem overshadowed by everyone else’s here lol. I have a 3.74 UW GPA and a 5.67 weighted. I got a 1470/2220 on the SAT (33 on ACT but didn’t send to UM). A really good number and quality of EC’s though, and I’m from Miami.</p>

<p>By the way, who’s going to the Singer scholarship weekend? It would be interesting to know, since I’m very much likely going.</p>

<p>Well I may go…have another scholarship interview that weekend too, so have to pick between schools. Does anyone know what some of the requirements of keeping the scholarship are? Like maintaining certain number of lab hours, gpa, etc…</p>

<p>Scholarships, once granted, are guaranteed until your fourth semester (end of soph. year). Then your record is reevaluated and, based on GPA, you are either granted the scholarship again, you’re granted it for one year and on probation, or it is rescinded. Where else, tebow? Judging by your username, you’re from FL too?</p>

<p>Oh wow. That seems pretty great then… haha actually I’m from Tennessee. Ironic, isn’t it?</p>

<p>I received an invitation to interview for foundation fellows at university of georgia…it’s a full ride + room and board and travel grant. So I have a touch decision to make in a week or so</p>

<p>Haha, that is pretty ironic. Well UGA isn’t bad, and that scholarship is awesome. Good luck in making your decision :)</p>

<p>tebowforheisman</p>

<p>If you have a conflict for Singer weekend, I’d call Miami to let them know. I think last year there were 3 Singer weekends, so you might be able to reschedule.</p>

<p>Yes, I was going to suggest the same thing. Call Miami! They will accommodate you, I am certain.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice! I emailed the director of the program last night, but I’ll probably call today as well</p>

<p>Son is currently a Singer Scholar.
There is nothing you have to specifically do once you receive/accept it. Just attend UM and you receive the money off your bill.</p>

<p>The scholarship is (or at least has been) for all undergrad years. you must keep a certain GPA but forgot what it is (3.2?)</p>

<p>Hey all i was just accepted and got the 24k scholarship but no mention of singer invitation. wondering if it is for everyone with 24k scholarship or only if specified somewhere. thanks.</p>

<p>The invitation to attend the Singer weekend comes in a separate letter that is in the admissions packet. I know there are several papers in the folder - make sure you look through them all. I don’t think everyone who got the 24K necessarily qualifies though - I think they just invite a certain number of students to attend.</p>

<p>crazed.</p>

<p>Just wondering does the Singer scholarship adjust for tuiition increases every year or is it fixed at whatever the tuition is Freshman year?</p>

<p>I remember when I was applying that they used to have an average SAT for each scholarship on their site, but now they’ve changed their page. If anyone remembers, could you tell me what a 1500 SAT and 3.4 unweighted/4.3 weighted gpa would get me, if anything?</p>