Status of Review Students

<p>After I read your post, I check my S’s "manage your applications. It had the button that says Decline Admission. Now that has changed to “Withdrawal Application”. Wonderful if your has changed?</p>

<p>@golfermom,
After reading the post I checked Manage Applications on the Howdy site and it said decline admission but no accept. Today mine says Withdraw instead of the decline now as well.</p>

<p>My D’s changed too. They must have had a typo in the button before.</p>

<p>we have that tab too…and no answer yet. I just think it is a new tab to manage your app…I HOPE I AM WRONG! :slight_smile: we have sort of given hope at this point though and realized she will most likely be going to Tech.</p>

<p>I would like to say don’t give up yet, but we are getting to that point as well. :disappointed_relieved:</p>

<p>Tarasmom1: Do you have any update on housing? Is it full?</p>

<p>To aggiemomhopeful and momma2014: I’m in the same situation along with two of my friends. All three of us are set up at Tech with a good dorm and the first orientation session to choose classes. Although A&M is my first choice, I really feel that it’s not going to happen for me. My friends feel the same and we think at this point it’s better to stay with Tech and not have to worry about temp or off campus housing. Or ending us with the leftover class choices. Now we’re really just curious about how long it takes them to reject us.</p>

<p>I spoke with the admissions office today and they said that they are still accepting students and will continue until late March. Their goal is to be completed by then. She said to definitely not give up hope yet as this process is continuing every day.</p>

<p>we reserved her dorm at tech too. She chose Knapp Hall, but we aren’t from Texas so we don’t know what is considered “good” :wink: I am really worried about the housing situation too even if she were by chance accepted to A&M. She certainly isn’t ready for off campus housing. But, I know she would take it anyways if given the opportunity. We will try and hold out hope, but reading a lot of posts on here makes it discouraging.</p>

<p>I understand. My older daughter is at A&M right now. She’s a junior. There are a lot of off campus options that are really similar to dorms. If Ashe gets in, contact me and I can give you some information on some good places. She is really hoping her little sister gets in. :-(</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>wow, thank you so much! I hope I have to contact you ;)</p>

<p>For anyone who just got the “you are admitted” statement in the last day or two I am curious if anymore tabs or links have come up on the Howdy page or any other changes since the “Whoop … you are admitted” message came up. We are still on step 3 with no other changes and just wondering how long is normal till the next step after receiving the admit message. Thanks!!</p>

<p>My daugher found out on Weds via AIS, and she accepted on that page. Her howdy page stayed looking the same until yesterday. And yes…when she went to apply for housing before she could select a dorm, or anything…she got a page that said at this point they are only offering temporary housing. We did put a deposit down, but also spent the last several days checking out off campus options. There are some great off campus dorms that really are great alternatives. Cambridge, Calloway, etc. You can contact me too if you need any input! Hoping for the best for everyone! Gig em!</p>

<p>My daughter lived in Cambridge her first year. It was a great place for a new student!</p>

<p>Good to hear! We were looking into Calloway House but the reviews about the traffic kind of scared me! LOL. Very busy spot in College Station.</p>

<p>Aggiemomhopeful: From what I hear, Horn/Knapp and Stangel are the top choices for girls dorms at Tech and fill up first. So I think you’re in good shape if that’s where she ends up.</p>

<p>Just noticed on AIS today: Admissions decisions are made throughout the application period allowing applicants to be notified as soon as possible. Final decisions will be announced by the Office of Admissions in late March (including Texas A&M Blinn TEAM, Gateway and PSA decisions) for fall admission.</p>

<p>My D’s application status now says accepted! It says BAC-TEAM. I assume that is Blinn team? No changes to tabs on Howdy and still step 3 though.</p>

<p>Four tabs in Howdy today, but still step 3.</p>

<p>did everyone still in Review get this e-mail today?</p>

<p>Thank you for applying to Texas A&M University! It has been another record-breaking application season with more than 34,000 students applying for admission to Texas A&M. The number of students who qualified for automatic admission also increased, leaving more than 15,000 students in holistic review vying for a limited number of seats in the freshman class. Waiting for an admission decision can be a very stressful time. The goal is for all applicants to have an admission decision by the end of March.</p>

<p>Students will receive one of the following decisions:

• Full admission to Texas A&M
  • An offer to participate in the Aggie Gateway to Success program - a provisional admission program at Texas A&M that is administered through General Academics
  • An offer to participate in the Texas A&M Blinn TEAM program - a collaborative, co-enrollment partnership between Texas A&M and Blinn College
  • An offer to participate in the Program for System Admission (PSA) – an alternative admission program in which selected students may enroll in one of the Texas A&M University System Institutions with the goal of returning to Texas A&M in College Station
  • Denial for freshman admission to Texas A&M University</p>

<p>It is important to note that students do not have the ability to indicate interest in a specific option. All admission decisions are made by the Office of Admissions. </p>

<p>If you have questions about any of these options, please feel free to contact the Aggieland Prospective Student Center at 979-458-0950.</p>

<p>Thanks and Gig ‘em!</p>

<p>My S received the same email today.</p>