Still waiting for early action decision

Guess we’ll all just have to be patient and hope for the best on the 15th. :-<

My S received result by email yesterday at 4:00pm. But it says “official admission notification is on the way”.

Long Island…son’s BF just received an email offering admission 10 minutes ago…my son still has nothing…

@2cassandra2 i am from li and have not heard back. I applied to the som early action

Sigh. More waiting I guess. Stony Brook started releasing decisions yesterday apparently - but someone from their admissions office got on the group and immediately let everyone know that fewer than 10% of decisions were out, which was very reassuring. I wish Binghamton would consider providing similar context since this is such an anxiety riddled process!

Do you think that they are just waiting to give out deferrals/rejections or are there more acceptances coming?

I’m just expecting a deferral at this point, tbh. Also, does anyone know why my program is listed as harpur UG undeclared, but my major/ interest is listed as Pol Sci? Does this mean I’m going to be accepted (or denied) as undeclared, or as Pol Sci?

I see that too, @nj1818‌ but i dont know. I think you can’t declare your major yet, but you have an interest in PoliSci.

So much stress for no reason they should’ve just waited smh

JellyFishh. What do you mean?

I just checked – decision made and I can pay my deposit!!! So definitely keep up home and keep checking your status. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone think that decisions are being done in alphabetical order at this point?

Hopefully. My last name is in the last few letters

If my application status changed to decision made, and I am unable to pay my deposit is there still a chance I was accepted or should I assume I was denied? Thanks for all previous info in this discussion btw!

I remember reading someone’s post from last year that he/she was accepted but wasn’t able to pay deposit. Just wait for the official email or something :slight_smile:

Are decisions made only posted between 9am to 5pm…like standard business hours…or are they changing that status into the evening hours?

Last year I kept checking my daughter’s portal and nothing changed. I gave up and thought she was rejected until we got the package in the mail. Not sure if it was an anomaly but we found out my snail mail first.

Just checked for my daughter…it says decision made but no notification yet by email. For those that heard, how long does it take to receive a confirmation of what the decision was?

Decision made but can’t pay my deposit… :frowning:

DS is still “complete ready for review.” Is he one of the last?