Summer/Fall 2021 Transfer Admission

She would qualify for her ring upon graduation.

2 Likes

OOOH… I totally didn’t know that. Great to hear!!! Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you !!

1 Like

Not a problem! I did a lot of research on that because I too am transferring with a bunch of credits, and wanted to know my time frame for getting my ring or if I’d be waiting till graduation.

Also I too am still waiting to hear back from the college of Ag on my transfer. It’s been making me super anxious seeing others already receiving their acceptance for that college. What major are you going for?

Agriculture science, I got my audit back early February, so I was expecting to hear back by now. I’m also stressing because like you said people from the Ag department some have heard back already. I’m just hoping I hear back at least before June, just because I’m worried about housing, and I’m a California resident so I really need to have eveything in order soon. You’ll have to pm or something so we can chat more individually!!

You’ll hear way before June unless you’ve been deferred for spring grades. I expect most will hear in April if they haven’t heard already. Keep watching for those 3 tabs to turn to 6 OR for you 2nd choice major to become your first. Those are big signs of movement on your app.

Do you know if using Academic fresh start would have any delay in reviewing/decision making? I’ve seen zero change in my AIS/Howdy since my audit on 2/25.

Lol not sure how to PM on this site (newb here). I tried the message thing but it created a new thread :sweat_smile:

But I’m glad you shared that 84 is the max number of credits you can transfer with. I was starting to worry that I had too many hours after this semester (I’ll have 65 after this semester).

Howdy! I applied as a transfer for Fall 2021 and received a letter today stating that my decision will be made after spring grades. Does anyone know what my chances can be of getting admitted? Thank you!

Deferrment for Spring grades is usually a very good sign. From everything that I have seen so long as you pass everything and get required grades in required classes (if applicable) you are good to get in.

1 Like

totally agree with @wwoods1 Deferment is usually always a yes. Finish strong though!

Without knowing your stats though, we honestly can’t give you any chances in regards to your actual application. But yes, deferred for spring grades, positive sign.

1 Like

I truly have no idea if Academic Fresh start will delay admissions. I am not well versed on this. So you have college credit from 10 plus years ago you’re forfeiting?

As for max credit… it varies by major. Some are 60 ish credits some more. Review your major and it’s max credit line.

Yes, I redid all the courses that counted, but didn’t want the bad grades I received 10 years ago to affect my GPA for admissions.

Very cool. I just looked over the program. I love that this is a thing. And kudos to you for getting back to it. It’s never to late, that’s for sure. Good luck and please keep us posted on here.

1 Like

Yes, I was. I actually just saw my transfer audit today. Do you know how long usually for an acceptance letter now?

LOL, I wish I did, but no. The transfer audit does not indicate anything other than your file is now fully complete for the department to review.

How many hours did it give you and what gpa?

28 transferable credits, 4.0

1 Like

Did everyone apply to the scholarship program within the application?

1 Like

I did! I haven’t received any scholarships, but my FASFA has been offered. Hoping the scholarships take a little longer to hear about.

1 Like

@jcmd02 A&M doesn’t give out many scholarships. If you get one, be pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn’t hold my breath…