SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Ours came after acceptance. Daughter received an email last night that she received Presidential Merit Scholarship.

2 Likes

Ours did not. Just got merit notification yesterday but accepted in December. We are OOS.

1 Like

My d also received the presidential scholarship a couple of days ago and she applied during free application week.

Very high stats accepted applicants to SUNYā€™s, whether instate or not, are typically offered some kind of scholarship, but it might also depend on other factors.

Here is Bingā€™s CDS for 2021, the most recent data available. Check out section C7. https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/oir/upload_data/cds_2021_2022.pdf

They donā€™t just consider grades and test scores. Recommendations and essays are also considered. Bing is definitely becoming more selective in recent years. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see interest become a considered factor. My opinion is that they are trying to raise their national profile. It is clear that more out of state students are applying,

My own son is a senior at Bing and loves it. He was not offered a scholarship back in the day and tried twice to get into SOM, without success. Iā€™m surprised they offer a guaranteed transfer option into SOM, but I am sure grades are the most important criteria for that guarantee and my son probably didnā€™t meet the cut off.

Best of luck to all still waiting.

2 Likes

For those who received merit scholarhship, how many days after you got accepted to find out if you were awarded with merit scholarship? Iā€™ve been two weeks for my D, we are wondering if we should rule out the chances for the scholarship. Thank you.

Question answered

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that! Is there a way that I can access that information about other schools as well?

1 Like

Just Google the name of the college, common data set. All CDS are arranged in the exact same way.

Thanks so much! And sorry if it was a dumb question. Such good info.

1 Like

Congrats! Binghamton has a formal Exchange program with Waseda University but perhaps you already know that! :smiley:

2 Likes

acceptance was on 12/21; merit email came on 1/17

2 Likes

Does anyone have information on or a way for your child to indicate to the school that they would be interested in the BAP program (community college start for a year).

Thanks for the info.

Was looking for Binghamton RD for Fall 2023 thread but couldnā€™t find one. Saw that this was still active with people waiting to hear. D23 applied RD on 12/20, but submitting optional Talent portfolio materials for Theatre until 1/13 (I think once started, you have to submit everything requested, which included an extra essay). She applied to Harpur (for Musical Theatre and Asian Studies). Discovered the school late in the stage in regards to having a musical theatre program, which I think is brand new. She received an email today (Friday night at 7:21pm) to check her portal, showing that she was accepted.

OOS, magnet school (a theatre major)
97.4 unweighted, all honors classes, 1530 SAT
2 AP (school only has 4 APs) - both Calculus, got 5s
Full ā€œfreshmanā€ load of college classes at university for her senior year, dual enrollment (no seniors at the hs building)
Leadership roles, top of her small class, lots of volunteer hours.

Hoping to hear about merit soon.

Keeping my fingers crossed for those of you still waiting.

(Also, did not check the SAT tab earlier today, but it is indeed blank now that sheā€™s been accepted. Yesterday, it was not blank, but I donā€™t know if it was blank before the acceptance was in there.)

3 Likes

Curious how many people in-state received merit scholarships? I suspect that Bing may try to reserve them for OOS students who pay higher tuition.

D23 was accepted on 1/3 but no word on merit aid. She received scholarships from the other schools that accepted her EA so I am wondering if we could expect something from Bing.

1 Like

I must have missed your post. I was wondering the exact same thing. I suspect mostly OOS

We are in NY, and Binghamton is VERY difficult to get in state merit aid for. A girl I know who is a freshman there was #10 in a class of 650 with AMAZING stats and ECs and got zero merit aid. We are still waiting to hear after my daughter was deferred from EA to RD. She has very good stats (lower than the other girl, but I believe still competitive :crossed_fingers:) and we are just hoping she gets in! Definitely not expecting merit. She got $1000/yr from Stony Brook, but Binghamton is even more competitive! We shall seeā€¦ GOOD LUCK!!

2 Likes

According to the website and the admitted student email DD23 received, admitted students will start to receive their financial aid packages starting in late February.

1 Like

Husband and I are proud UAlbany alums (grad school for me and undergrad/grad for husband). Lots to do in Albany socially but also for internships. We ended up living there for many years before moving back downstate. Just a warning though- the main campus is REALLY ugly. The newer buildings are much more pleasing to look at ( loved the Science Library) but I donā€™t know what the architect who built the main quad was thinking.

But remember they are just buildings.

2 Likes

I think Bing automatically offers it to those they deem eligible. I know several students who have taken this path.

4 Likes