SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Has anyone seen their financial aid package yet?

1 Like

Daughter was Accepted to Harpur tonight after being told there was no room available last night in SOM for her.

2 Likes

My DS got his on April 9th when he was admitted RD for 21-22 (but his was an odd circumstance)

is there any harm in accepting their harper offer with guaranteed school of mgmt admission in a year?

3 Likes

Do in-state kids ever get merit aid at Binghamton (Harpur)? Or just out-of-state?

It think just OOS.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the ā€œoffer of acceptanceā€ to Harper binds you in any way? Assume noy but want to clarify

My daughter was deferred to RD Tuesday night. :sweat: We are upstate NY. 97 unweighted average, 5 APs, 2 SUPAs, 2 SUNY Oswego classes, good amount of ECs and leadership roles. She applied to Harpur as an English major. She got into Stony Brook, Geneseo, Cortland and Oswego, all with merit. I really thought she had a shot! What are the chances she gets in RD? Congrats to everyone who did get in! I knew Bing was competitive, but WOW!

3 Likes

Any news yet? Weā€™re upstate as well and havenā€™t head a peep from Bing or Stonybrook

Our 1/10 letter didnā€™t say that but today we got an email from admission explaining the deferral decision in more detail and the email did say ā€œWe will release decisions on a rolling basis and all applicants will be notified no later than April 1.ā€ So, yes! rolling. Thatā€™s good because heā€™s got other admissions, EA, ā€œrolling inā€ so sooner than April 1 would be best. : )

My son got in last night. We are in NY and he got into Harpur, major integrative neuroscience. 1450 SAT superstore snd 94 weighted average, total of 10 AP classes and dual enrollment.

5 Likes

someone above posted $14,000 merit in state

Thatā€™s got to be either OOS or need based aid. No SUNYs are giving that much merit aid to in state as far as I have even seen? And Bing is crazy stingy with merit aid. I hope Iā€™m wrong though! Lol

2 Likes

Speaking of merit, for OOS does the merit offer typically come with the Acceptance letter?

Yes

2 Likes

My DD23 got merit from Geneseo, New Paltz and Stony Brook. Waiting on Buffalo (Honors College).

1 Like

I posted that we got 14,000 in merit from UMass. we live in NY.

1 Like

thanks for the clarification. didnā€™t see it was in response to someone elseā€™s post about umass so thought it was for Bing

Son got accepted EA on Jan 3 to Harpur. NO SAT or ACT submitted. Rockland county, public HS. 4.0 UW GPA, intended Japanese major (or minor).

3 Likes

I was accepted to Watson last week for Mechanical Engineering! Very excited to potentially go here, itā€™s one of my top 2 choices along with UB.

2 Likes