SUNY Binghamton Class of 2022

I have a perfect score and very high average and haven’t heard yet. Not saying I’ll get in, sharing because I read on a lot of the posts about Bing ea that only those with the highest credentials here early. So far, that’s not the case for me.
Good luck.

*hear - autocorrect

I’m an in-state valedictorian with a 4.0 UW & 35 ACT applying to Harpur, and I haven’t heard anything yet.

Glad you posted, @allgood2022 and @writergirl0316. My son, also with a strong average and scores, also has not heard an admissions decision yet. He is applying to Harpur, like 1S1D’s child, but he is from New York State, not out of state. His friends and the children of my work colleagues have not yet heard either.

Without knowing what system they are using to divide and review applications among admissions officers, it is hard to predict when anyone will hear. But it is reassuring to know that other high-stats students have not heard yet.

Last year’s College Confidential threads seem to indicate that a bunch of people heard in early December, a bunch in mid-December, and a bunch in January. People were admitted in all three of those early action “waves,” so those not hearing by the December break should not assume they will be rejected.

My son is same, with strong average n high act but he hasn’t heard any news yet.

Same for my son… 34 ACT and 4.0 UW. We are in state and he applied to Harpur as well.

I’d just like to have a decision in hand! Adelphi’s coming to my school for on-site application this Monday, so that will be my first. Binghamton visited my school’s college fair, and the rep asked me my rank/GPA/ACT, and said that as long as I did “something outside of school,” I’d have no problem with admission.

Did any of guys contact the admissions office?

My friend’s son in New Jersey got into the business school yesterday. Great grades - almost all A’s in all honors and AP classes . SAT score 1360. Great extra-curriculars.

Mine too- on pins and needles waiting to hear!

I really hope that more decisions come out in the following week

Has anyone heard yet who’s in-state?

My daughter applied to Decker School of Nursing. I can’t stand the waiting.

uhhh nothing yet… i am out of state… hping we would hear somethig by thnksgvng but looks like colleges are off for a week , soooo keep waiting…

Last year many EA decisions came out on December 1st… which is next Friday

thats good to know @Textbook123 …hope they keep the trend going…

I am nervous that Bing will dismiss me right away because of my lower GPA which was a result of a bad freshman year. My grades have improved greatly since then and I was wondering if they will take this into account? Thanks!

@xi8a4go

They will look at trends generally. Yes, they want a good gpa, but you can compensate for that with a good sat/act score. However, in general, they do look at upward or downward trends. What are your stats by the way?

Applied to SOM on 10/5/2017. 31 ACT (33 Superscore); 3.72 UW GPA; Lots of extracurricular activities - (leadership and comm. service/volunteering). SO anxious right now - just want to hear already!!

You have solid stats @cls2022. You should be good, but possibly after a deferral to RD pool. Good luck!