TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Y’all are definitely not the only ones checking 10 times a day. I’m obsessed. My son has been accepted, but without the OOS waiver, we can’t afford it. He’s just right there. $250 away. Anyone else in that boat? Some scholarships, but not enough for the waiver? Praying night and day (and dreaming about it every night) that the engineering department offers anything.

@blonde1999 Same here … embarrassing also, but I sit at a computer all day and I’m a little obsessive about it! I’ve also been watching the Gateway FB page. The only other one besides TxAgs (which has nothing this year) is an aggie reddit page, which also is lacking. Trying to be patient! We are so close, just hoping for good news when we finally get to the end.

I don’t understand why a student admitted to Engineering @ Galveston can not change to his second choice major, which is still open, at College Station. It is obvious that they could fill the spot.

Howdy! I just found this forum today and I haven’t read every thread, so I’m sorry if being redundant. We homeschool in Tennessee but hubby is an Aggie from Bryan and his parents still live minutes from A&M. Our oldest has 3.96 unweighted GPA and 33 ACT with 36 on English and Science. His problem was math. He got 26 so no academic admit. Because we are out of state, no 10% admit.

@rvhappynow all of the university scholarships have been given out. Luckily, engineering departamental scholarships should be out mid march! Best of luck!

Today my son’s major changed from Kinesiology to General Studies…anyone else have that? I wonder if that means Gateway Program???

@gogogogobruins --Congrats! So are you saying he was accepted? You guys will be paying full OOS tuition, yes?

Yes, I would say that means Gateway. Congrats! What’s your son stats?

Does it say “congrats, you’ve been admitted”?

@carachel2 Oops. I didn’t make that clear. He hasn’t been accepted yet and we are waiting anxiously… I wonder if there’s any chance he won’t even get Blinn or Gateway with scores like that? He has 90% scholarship from University of Memphis and he’s already taken classes (dual enrollment) there and got As.

Son’s Howdy changed to Summer 2017 General Studies…we r thinking it might be Gateway, but it is not official. He has 6 tabs in Howdy and is able to sign up for Fall housing. Has 2 sisters at A&M that are a Senior and a Sophomore :slight_smile:

Review
Kinesiology
Ranked 2nd quarter, private school does not rank
GPA 3.3
SAT 1100
ACT 24
Lots of sports and 660 service hours:)

@gogogogobruins – ok that is more clear. I guess my one concern would be paying OOS tuition. The merit seems particularly hard to get this year so the likely scenario for you is full out of state pay. Is that ok with you? Or are you counting on getting scholarships to bring it down to in-state tuition?

@aggie88 Congrats! My daughter has similar stats and we are still waiting…remaining hopeful !

Congrats @aggie88!!! So happy for your son. I’m glad SOMEONE is getting in, even if it’s not my son. :wink: Hopefully just one more week!

@aggie88 Thank you for posting those. I imagine y’all are excited to carry on the Aggie tradition in your family! Would you mind sharing if your son had any challenges or circumstances that he mentioned in his essays. Just trying to get a feel for who they’re looking for in regards to the Gateway pathway. Again, Congrats!

Gah still waiting! Happy for everyone who’s seeing changes! What tabs will usually show up when things begin changing? Just wondering.

@blonde1999 Yes, he mentioned having numerous concussions in football freshman year, and that he had to stop playing. His grades improved after that. He has never been a great student however… We are still waiting for this to be official tho!

@Bree98 In Howdy, the tabs will increase to 6 and are like home, applicant, my record, my finances, student life, and my howdy. Under student life he is able to apply for housing for Fall 2017. This happened when my two daughters were accepted, but it can take 2 days for the official message and email to come:(

@carachel2 we are hoping for scholarships and grants in and out of A&M. He also wants to be in the Corps, so he might even apply for ROTC scholarship.

@aggie88 okay cool! At least you know things are changing! That’s a good sign! I’m sure things will turn out great! :slight_smile: