TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@kaydeeloo --He has a strong ACT to account for the rank. Also, I do think they will consider his many moves and resiliency.

Thank you and your family for your service.

When did you apply: Late Sept./ Early October ?
When did you get your UIN: Shortly Thereafter
When did you receive your admission decision:Pending
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in: Biomedical Science
Honors program: No
Class Rank: School does not rank but TAMU assigned Top 25%
SAT: 1260 (did not submit)
ACT: 28

Eagle Scout, 4 AP classes, NHS, varsity tennis. Very small public school. 3 essays, 1 LOR from a TAMU distinguished alum.

Have not received a decision in AIS - says pending. Had 6 tabs in Howdy this morning and was able to apply for housing so assume son got an admit of some type. Under undergraduate degree planner it lists his program as BS-BIMS. Campus; College Station. Waiting to see if this is full admit or gateway or Blinn.

Does anyone know how long it takes for AIS to update?

@abck1234 that sounds like a full admission. We are all curious if they’ve started issuing decisions already this week. When was the last time you checked Howdy?

@abck1234 Congratulations to your S on his full admission to College Station! AIS will likely update overnight.

2 blinn team admits this am from Daughter’s school. Sorry don’t know their stats. Definitely movement finally, however we still wait.

@aggie88 The status still says “In Review” but the major at the top of the AIS did change to Summer 2017 & General Studies. When I toggle to the Fall Term it says “My App has changed to a different term”. I don’t know why the status still says “In Review”. What will it say when and if we get the Gateway?

How do you know if a major is full? my son’s app still says pending review - his 1st choice is Math. I have no idea how competitive this major is at A&M. Does anyone have any info? I am getting anxious for him. He’s already in at Purdue and Baylor but he really wants A&M. I thought he had a good shot but now it is getting really late in the game and I’m not feeling as positive. Not sure if it matters but he is Hispanic - applied 11/1. SAT 1300, GPA 3.35 UW/4.6 W, Rank 32% in a competitive school but his rank is what is making me nervous
 great essays and rec letters. This wait is getting harder and harder by the day!

Application still says “in review” but 6 tabs show in Howdy. At top of AIS though it shows major: BLINN TEAM. At bottom is shows this:

Choice College Major Degree
1 General Studies Blinn Team BAC
2 Education & Human Development Sport Management BS
Note: Your major may change as a normal part of the admissions review process.

I just “chatted” with admissions and they said nothing is final until is says it in the AIS. So still a chance of full admission in 2nd major choice??? Dying here.

Thank you! We will definitely be excited for Blinn team, gateway, anything! She just wants to be an Aggie. Says it’s be her personal goal her whole life! Of course both her parents are Aggies and her older sister is not so she wants to continue the family legacy! Plus she now says she wants to follow in my footsteps and go to vet school too! Fingers crossed, prayers said. Will let you know if we hear something! Good luck to everyone!

@GigemMom Did you check this on Howdy? this is a quote from someone else: Just this morning I checked my Howdy account and saw 6 tabs instead of the usual 3 tabs. I went to My Records, and then clicked on “Undergraduate Degree Planner.” It says “Program: Blinn Team” and “Major: Blinn Team.”

Ours says same thing.

So anxiousssss. No updates on mine yet

Yes - @kaydeeloo says it on Howdy but also at the top of the AIS above “my app is complete and in review”
Freshman 2017 Fall Blinn TEAM GS BAC

At bottom is says “major can change as normal admissions process” so hoping Blinn Team will change to her second major choice. Guy in admissions says nothing is final until it says it on the AIS.

does anyone know if PSAs have all been sent out and now it is just gateway/blinn team/full admission?? or PSAs are still coming out this week?

does anyone know if PSAs have all been sent out and now it is just gateway/blinn team/full admission?? or PSAs are still coming out this week?

My major just changed to GS- Blinn TEAM on its own and my second choice stayed the same. Does that just mean I’m being considered for Blinn but not guaranteed? What happened to my first choice- does that mean I don’t have a chance for it anymore?

Exactly what I want to know.

@aggrad91 Ours updated to “You have been admitted to Gateway!” at about 4pm the same day as the other changes
but I think it can take up to 2 days to update. Have you looked in “My letters”?

My app says it has changed to a different term and it says 2017 summer term now. Is it safe to say I got gateway?

Last year a bunch of the PSA’s all went out on the last day. I think it was Thursday or Friday before Aggieland Saturday. That’s when my son got his PSA notification. The day before he found out, his “change major” button disappeared from the AIS system. That was the only clue we got.