TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

Thank you very much! footballgo1 I’m not the best person to ask on chances because I wasn’t expecting to be offered admission and this was my big reach school. However, A&M has a lot of additional ways to gain admission to the campus and with similar stats I don’t see why he wouldn’t be offered something similar to me! Good luck to your son!

Congrats you guys!!! :smiley:
I’m still waiting- I would be very estatic to even make Blinn team, with a 27act/1220sat do I still have a chance???

Everyone still has a chance if they have not decided yet! :slight_smile: I do not believe it doesn’t have anything to do with the major choice because I have seen people with great stats be offered Blinn, and those with stats that are way lower given full admission. Or, maybe their essays were amazing!! I would say stay hopeful until you get your decision!
Anyone know of any majors that are supposedly still open? I thought of calling, but hate to bug them. I am sure they are being swamped with calls.

@splashheart123 what are your others stats? (Like gpa, ECs)

I’m starting to think I won’t get full admission because I haven’t heard back yet

@Thelma2 It eventually let me sign up for housing. It took about an hour from when I first saw the six tabs. – Here’s what it said after I signed up though: (I guess this means Priority housing is full, and they’ve moved to Guaranteed housing.)

Effective 2/1/2017:
At this time, Texas A&M-College Station is only offering Guaranteed Housing for the Fall semester. Guaranteed housing is offered either AFTER 30 days of being offered Admission to Texas A&M, or just before we close housing for the Fall term. Texas A&M typically closes shortly after we make this transition to Guaranteed Housing

“Guaranteed Housing” (sometimes referred to as temporary housing) is a guaranteed space on campus next Fall, but we just are not sure where yet. Last year, almost every student who was initially offered a Guaranteed offered was moved to Priority housing and were assigned by mid-June. Guaranteed Housing meets all expectations of the Regent Scholar scholarship (or other on-campus housing scholarship programs).

@Stressball23 even in the last big release of decisions last year, which was the third Friday in February, there were admits for full admissions, Blinn Team, Gateway, PSA. Members of this forum have related that they knew someone personally who received full admissions after March 1. Don’t give up hope yet.

kaydeeloo. Congrats.Did your son get full admission? My son has similar stats/ Wildlife fisheries. Ther is hope.

Thank you @cable0790 I don’t know yet. I’m thinking he got full, because he got six tabs and his major is still WFSC, College Station Fall 2017.

Looks like it. Congratulations again.

@CollegeMama987 and @AGmomx2 Thank you for this info. We are OOS and still waiting to hear if admitted, but this could impact our decision. OOS tuition is already high. S was accepted at four other universities with scholarships but is holding out to be an Aggie.

So does everybody seem to think that people will know by next friday(which is the third Friday in February)

Obviously with the few exceptions that hear back in march

There is hope, everyone! My son’s AIS updated to “You’ve Been Admitted!” at 10:00 a.m. - Full admit

@kaydeeloo Congratulations to your son! Still keeping the faith here…but getting more difficult.

@kaydeeloo congrats!
Rooting for all of y’all!

@kaydeeloo if you don’t mind could you tell me your sons stats

When did you apply: 9/1/2016
When did you receive your admission decision: 2/10/2017
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Wildlife and Fisheries
Did you get in: Yes, Full admission
Class Rank: 241/629 (38%)
SAT: Not taken
ACT: 28

ECs: Varsity Baseball, Baseball Team Captain, NHS, a few other school clubs / treasurer for one of them, Student leader in YoungLife, went away last summer to work at a Christian camp, lots of church involvement. His 3 essays were pretty good. 2 strong letters of rec.

congrats @kaydeeloo !!! still waiting…and waiting… and waiting…
m

congrats @kaydeeloo !!! still waiting…and waiting… and waiting…
i really hope he gets in. it’s not like we can avoid college station. my in-laws still live there and hubby grew up there! so our son has been going to A&M campus since he was 6 months old. his first Aggie football game was when the bonfire fell in 1999. we went to the memorial, midnight yell practice and the game! it was so special. i never thought our son would be interested in going to A&M. but here we are… alas, i digress! well, we didn’t apply till November so that’s our bad! didn’t realize it was a rolling decision school… shouldve done more research but he was set on Harvard until June of 2016 when Yale started recruiting him heavily. So he switched to Yale. then Chicago was in the news for not having a safe space and that interested him and Chicago had been recruiting heavily for 2 years! A&M was not even on the radar until September/October when he decided to check out SNWC. We went in November because I had just given birth in September and couldn’t take a 16 hour road trip. After that he was done with other schools. He didn’t want to go anywhere but A&M. sigh sorry i’m just talking to myself. i’m so anxious. this is ridiculous. sorry guys :-S