TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@Ross2729 I’ve only seen one come through here that was review candidate for Mays, but their stats were really good. What are your stats as that will help us give you an idea on when you may hear a decision. Good Luck… my son is also waiting on Mays with Agribusiness as his second choice major since they follow the same degree plan for the first few semesters.

@YourCollegeMom do you have any idea when you think i might get a decision? I am top 12% with a 26 and 1280 and many leadership roles and service hours. Wrote all 3 essays and had them edited by my sister who is an alumni. Can’t help but panic even though it’s not even december yet.

Unique situation here. My son should have have been a class of 2022 auto admit. Top 5% after junior year at a very large competitive TX high school, athlete, lots of extras, 5 AP classes, 1250 SAT (average test taker). We moved out of state this past summer prior to his senior year which bumped him to a review candidate. He applied early July and is currently still under review and yet to hear anything (and still 3 tabs). I actually have a strange feeling he will not be accepted, not even sure why…just a vibe after going through this process and speaking with a few people. He would have loved to be an Aggie, like both my husband any myself! He grew up bleeding maroon. Thankfully he has some very good offers from some great west coast schools. He always assumed he would be an Aggie but life may take him elsewhere. I think it may be actually be harder for us as parents to embrace another school’s culture!

@HopefulAg22 Ranking is good, 26 is average for TAMU, so still in there. Don’t panic. What major? It is super early to hear back… no panicking til January! I’ve heard of so many that got in with low 20s ACT with your ranking, so… you got this!

Hi-- On my son’s ais page, it says that all documents must be received by Jan 10th… I was under the impression that Dec 1st was the deadline… has that changed?

@YourCollegeMom I am applying as a biology major with my second option as psychology. i’m hopeful just anxious as I begin to hear other review admits getting admitted already. ugh the wait!

@supermrs7 the deadline changed after hurricane harvey in order to give affected students more time to get their documents in.

@supermrs7 yes the deadline changed due to Hurricane Harvey and students being displaced and or not being able to test in the early Fall.

@HOpefulAg22 Preach it… the waiting is excruciating!

@supermrs7 , I think the 12/1 date for all documents being submitted was if you applied EA by 10/15.

@supermrs7 I believe the deadline was pushed back because of hurricane Harvey

@helimom3 Not technically, they could just still be reviewing her application and need to decide whether or not she should be accepted. At least from this thread, some people already received Blinn-team or Gateway but your daughter hasn’t even received a decision. Therefore, don’t give up hope on her receiving her major.

When did you apply: 10/9
When did you get your UIN: 10/10
When did you receive your admission decision: Not yet
Major/College of Choice:
1.) Physics
2.) Nuclear Engineering
Did you get in: Not yet but hopefully
Honors program: maybe
Class Rank: 2nd quartile according to A&M (school doesn’t rank)
SAT: 1370 ( 630 Reading/Writing, 740 Math)
SAT II : 610 Math 1, 650 Physics
ACT: Did not take
Extracurriculars ( in school ) :
1.) National Technical Honor Society
2.) Health Occupation Students of America
3.) UNICEF Club

Did all 3 essays.
2 letters of Rec.
150 volunteer hours at Memorial Hermann Hospital

Math and Science courses taken throughout high school:
Algebra 1 (9th)
Algebra 2/Geometry (10th)
Pre-AP Pre-Cal (11th)
AP Cal BC (Current)
AP Stats (Current)

Biology/IPC (9th)
Pre-AP Chemistry (10th)
AP Physics 1 (11th)
AP Physics 2 (Current)

Total of 5 AP courses and 2 Dual Credits ( Gov and Econ).

Sorry about the long post and including my math and science coursework. I just want to know if I have a chance a getting accepted into the college of science. A&M is my top choice and if anyone can give me an idea of my chances, it would be greatly appreciated.

@ArrowGreen
The 2nd quarter rank hurts for your application.
Your SAT score is above the average, and your math sub-section is 740 which is great for STEM majors.
You shouldn’t send your Math 1 or Physics SAT subject tests since they’re pretty low compared to the national percentile.
In my opinion, you should’ve attended some extracurricular activities in your school that offered physics or engineering opportunities (like robotics).
It’s good that you did all 3 essays, you should have your teachers read it and give feedback to help measure your essay’s success.
The classes you took show me that you took challenging courses, which is good.

All in all, I would say you have medium-low chance of admissions mostly due to your ranking. You mostly would be offered Blinn-team. Try and research some more about your stats by looking through your school’s Naviance or searching through the college confidential forums.

@Shadowsych Thanks for your feedback! I appreciate it. Yea I’ve looked though my school’s naviance and people from my school last year with similar stats to mine were accepted last year. Hopefully ill get full admission, but I’d be psyched to get Blinn-team as well.

so basically besides the 11/21 date no other review admission decisions have been sent out?

Does anyone know if there was a pattern to the 11/21 review admits? Were they for majors within a specific college only?

@Ross2729 - Not sure if @YourCollegeMom was referencing my son, but he was in review and was admitted to Mays about 1.5 weeks ago. He did apply in early July and have to imagine that might have helped nudge it a bit forward (in addition to his stat’s). Big sigh of relief and hang in there. Let me know if I can answer any questions as I have another Aggie (junior) who was in review 2 years ago.

What can I do during the waiting process to make me stand out? Should I keep submitting more documents?

Today I realized the the “High school curriculum” box on AIS was checked off before I had even sent in my official transcript.
Did anyone else experience this as well?

No, but some of the uploaded documents did not upload.