TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@hopefulag22 Nope. I received admission last week.

I sent in a new transcript for my application since my school reranked since the fall semester began, I improved by a percentage or so, should this help me?

Yes @TXagghopeful1 definitely should help. I don’t honestly know if they will look at updated rankings, I think they may only take first 6 semesters, BUT, it will not hurt you so why not!!!? Best of luck!

@TXagghopeful1 AIS shows on the first page (My App Status) under Documents Required for Admission your class rank. Check after a few days if that number matches your latest transcript. I have seen it getting updated.

@TXPapa yeah they updated it today. I sent the transcript yesterday. It was a quick turnaround.

I am facing a problem. One of the other colleges I got into is wanting a $300 housing deposit to declare me as a enrolling and to secure my spot for housing. They need this in January, so if I don’t hear from A&M until possibly as late as Feb… what should I do?

@ txagghopeful1 what are your stats again? I’m sorry if you’ve already posted, but scrolling back is sooo far unless you can tell me page!

@TXagghopeful1, that’s a large deposit. Is any of it refundable?

@YourCollegeMom applied to A&M July 11th and was given access to AIS on the 12th of July.
I applied for a BS-BIMS major as a review candidate.

I have a 3.7 uw GPA and a 4.8 w GPA.
1110 SAT, 23 ACT (poor, I know)
Class rank: 94/555 (16.9%)
Submitted strong letters of rec.
Many preAP and AP classes.

AVID student, NHS, marching band freshman year. I am in a practicum health science class where I attend a clinical period for 4 months in the hospital, get a medical assistant certification, health care provider CPR certification, first aid certification.

Over 180 community service hours.
Pretty strong essays.

@kcheves Nope, it is a commitment for the university.

@TXagghopeful1 to be honest, your stats aren’t great, but they aren’t bad either. I like that you have coursework supporting your major of choice. That works well in holistic review. I think you have a decent shot but I’ve seen better get denied and worse get accepted. So really, it’s anyones guess. If this is your first choice and you don’t want to consider the other school (even if you don’t get accepted), then I would say your choice is easy. If you feel you may want to come here and go to Blinn for your first year (even if you don’t get Blinn team), you can always transfer in 2019. It’s really about where you see yourself and what you’re willing to do to get it!

If you can see yourself at choice #2, then I would wait as long as possible before putting down deposit. AND then if you haven’t heard, you place that bet. I know it’s so tough! Hang in there.

thanks for the input! :slight_smile: @YourCollegeMom

@TXagghopeful1 you should contact the other school, January deadline is very early, national decision day is May 1. You will not be the only one asking since early decisions are usually out in December for other schools but regular decisions are March/April for many. Given your stats you really do need a strong backup choice, there is no guarantee that you will be offered any type of admission here so make sure you cover all your bases. Also earlier you posted you felt that BT was not a pathway you would want to pursue, so you might want to seriously consider the other acceptance.

@YourCollegeMom you can click on the name of the poster and see their previous posts vs. scrolling to find them in the body of a forum. It’s much quicker :slight_smile:

Well that’s handy lol. Thanks!!!

@ YourCollegeMom my daughter applied on July 31st. Her SAT is 1050 and ACT 21. She’s a terrible test taker. She’s ranked in the top 8% of her class, with a GPA of 3.91. Involved in swim and water polo all 4 years. FFA officer 3 out of 4 years and an ASB officer as well as LinkCrew. Plus works on the family farm and involved in several other non profit agencies. She has participated in a leadership group with the local farm bureau and also a jr board member with Blue Diamond Almonds. What do you think her chances are.?

@Cowboydoghouse are y’all oos?

I didn’t know that Blinn Team allowed half classes there and half at A&M and that I could transfer. If that’s the case, and it’s cheaper. Heck yeah I’m going to accept Blinn. A&M is my absolute top choice bc it is the only school that I applied to with a Biomedical Science major and the campus just feels like home. I love the atmosphere and think that it will be the best school for the route I want to take for my future. @AGmomx2

Yes, that’s basically how it works.Yes it is cheaper however you can’t request blinn team, nor opt to take it if you’re offered full admission. The no on campus classes at TAMU option is called PSA.

has anyone heard of any more holistic decisions being sent out besides 11/21 yet? maybe they are waiting until after Dec 1st?

2 questions :slight_smile:

• What are the average rank/test scores for BLINN Team admits?
  • Has anyone else been accepted since last Monday?

Thanks!