TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Excuse my ignorance (!), but what is “early action” w/ regards to admissions @tamu?

It’s only for engineering students

Oct 15th was the first deadline. All engineering majors go thru two step admissions : to the university (auto or review) then holistic review to the COE. they can also apply regular decision until the normal deadline. All other majors are rolling admissions direct to major.

thanks for the info! We were at tamu week before last to see big sis get her Aggie ring… hope holistic admissions start coming soon and all our peeps get in!!

Also, is there any rhyme or reason for when the admissions come in (i.e. time of day, day of the week) historically? not that it will be the same this year… but it might keep me from checking too often!!!

I tweeted A&M and they replied to me saying that review admits can hear anytime between now and the end of Feb. And that they are trying to go in order of how they received the applications.

I’m so nervous for my son - waiting is so hard. He turned his application in at the end of September, I pray he has a wonderful Christmas surprise.

@CyMom4 same here for my daughter. She submitted her application on 7/31/2017…anxiously waiting.

My daughter found out today she got in to A & M. Aerospace Engineering is her first choice and physics is her second. It says she is under review for Engineering. She got a 30 on her ACT, is in National Honor Society, Student council, Academy of Science and Engineering, Cheerleading, Junior Rodeo Committee, and National Charity League. She is in the top quarter of her class. 3.76 GPA unweighted. 6.17 weighted. Has several AP classes and will graduate high school with 30 hours of college credit.

how long do people usually wait for a decision in past years as a review admit? in 10 days I will have been waiting for 6 months

UPDATE: A friend of mine from the same school was admitted yesterday.
His stats ( with his approval of course) are listed here, for anyone with similar stats waiting to get their decision.

Applied: October 1st
UIN : ? ( didn’t ask )
Review admit.
Rank: 2nd quarter according to A&M ( our school doesn’t rank)
SAT: 1410
ACT: 30
Submitted all 3 essays.

ArrowGreen - do u know what major?

@ArrowGreen Review Admit? Looks to be an academic admit to me???

@ArrowGreen what major?

@Cowboydoghouse He is Review bc he is in 2nd Quarter. Must be Top Quarter to qualify for Academic Admit.

If i was to be accepted to honors could it be dropped?

@HopefulAg22 @Tuppence22 he said his app was complete before the Oct 15 deadline and had chosen a type of engineering as his first choice major but he is still in review for engineering.

Hopeful that they start sending more review decisions his Monday. Ugh the wait!

I picked engineering as my first choice, and technology management (school of human resource development) as my second. Let’s say I’m offered PSA for engineering, will I be offered to PSA for my second choice too? or will they let me know if I have a chance at Full Admission or even BLINN Team for my second choice? If that makes any sense. Please let me know!

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspension that more people will find out tomorrow? This wait has me on edge and is driving me crazy