TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@TXagghopeful1 Last year, there were a handful of applicants on CC who received a decision the first week of February but the bulk of them came February 12-17. There were still some that were released after that date, but that seemed to the the bulk of them across the board for both full admit, Blinn Team, Gateway and PSA.

@Thelma2 I’m pretty sure they only meant it for engineering because we all got deferred and were supposed to know a while ago

So when can other majors know if they got in or not? I’m hoping before Feb 10th. My AIS is still complete and in review.

@likeclockwork48 everyone but eng. will find out when they are accepted what major they are in! If both of your choices are full, they will ask you to select another major. Hope this helps!

@Edi113 Your stats are impressive! :-bd I’m sure you will get offered full engineering admit into College Station any day now especially with your high math scores. We applied around the same dates and your scores are a little higher. I received my engineering admit 10 days after submitting essays. Just keep checking the Howdy portal it updates first then the AIS updates about 24 hours later (usually in the early a.m. hours).

My stats:
When did you apply: 1/2/18 application only—1/10/18 Submitted essay A & B
When did you get your UIN: 1/4/18
Auto/Academic/Review: Academic Admit
Did you get in: YES–Received Admission letter 1/16/18
College of Choice: College of Engineering (Answered NO on application when asked about considering the possibility of attending Galveston/ Academy/ Blinn-team)
Major: 1st–Chemical Engineering 2nd–Bio-Medical Engineering
Receive Engineering decision: YES–AIS updated 1/21/18 Admitted-- College of Engineering (Chemical).

SAT: 1440 (740 MATH - 700 Reading)
ACT: 32 Composite (31 MATH - 34 English - 33 Reading - 30 Science)
GPA: 4.9 weighted - 3.7 unweighted— Enrolled in the most rigorous/advanced classes offered

Total: 25 (AP/ Pre-AP/Dual-Credit classes since 9th grade)
Currently taking: AP Calculus-BC/ AP Physics -C/ AP Biology/ AP Statistics
Clubs/EC/Work: National Honor Society/ Key Club/ Student Council/ 200-- volunteer hours
In-State/ White/ Female

see. this is what annoys me. people can submit their application so so late in the game, but be admitted within days. while others submit the day the application opens and wait 7+ months. this is a corrupt system.

ok so my daughter got accepted into Tamu Galveston and has 6 tabs she is still waiting on College Station. What are her chances for CSTAT

She is a Forensics Major and Psychology Minor if that helps

What are her stats? @txkaylamom

1120 SAT only have 71 people in class 1st quarter 5 letters of recommendation from Aggies, Teachers, and Employer
National Honor Society
Maintaining a 3.5 GPA while providing Community Service, and
Leadership, while demonstrating good moral Character
from May 8, 2016 to present
Visual Arts Scholastic Event ( Statewide Art Competition)
Regional Qualifier 9,10
COMMUNI TY SERVICE
Football Manager 200 hours Freshman year
Football Trainer 600 hours Sophomore-Senior year
Real Ale Brewing Bicycle Race 40 hours Freshman-Senior year
Zonta Club for Women 9 hours Sophomore-Senior year
Vacation Bible School Teacher 30 hours Freshman-Junior year
Nursing home reader 600 hours Freshman-Senior year
Concession Stand for Junior Class 25 hours Freshman and Junior year
Pedernales Falls Flood River Clean up 80 hours Sophomore year
Vault Foster Parents Pantry 23 hours Sophomore year
Junior High Tennis Team helper 40 hours Junior and Senior year
Hurricane Harvey Relief “Harvey Socks” collected over 1300 pairs of socks
to be donated to the coast of Texas 120 hours Senior Year 2018
1st Runner-up Blanco County Fair and Rodeo Queens Contest
Represented Blanco County in community events
from August 20, 2016 - August 21, 2017
HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Student Council Member at Large Freshman and Sophomore year
Basketball Freshman-Senior year
Track 800 meter Freshman-Senior year
Tennis Freshman-Senior year
Art Club Freshman-Senior year
Spanish Club Sophomore and Junior year
One Act Play Junior and Senior year
Athletic Manager/ Trainer Freshman-Senior year.
Showcased voice acting prowess in two TV commercials
from February to March 2017from February to March 2017
Babysitter for numerous families from 2011 until 2016
Lowe’s Grocery Store- Clerk 20 hours weekly from June 2016 until present

I’m sorry if this is a question that has already been answered! I do try to read all that has been written!! Ok, I realize there is no way of knowing for sure, but are we thinking that review admits will (hopefully) hear this month? My son and I may have worn out the “check my application” portal… He is not engineering; are engineering apps on a completely separate timeline at this point (or always)? i.e. can non-engineering review hopefuls expect to hear back this month? Again, please forgive any repeat answers and thanks so much for any input!

hi just have a question for the admitted, did y’all get an email when your AIS changed to “Admitted??”

@Hailey7 No, when my daughter was admitted AIS was updated and she got a packet in the mail. When engineering decision was deferred and when she actually got admitted into engineering it was via emails.
Bottom line…keep checking AIS. Good luck!

My daughter is still waiting for admission … and Aggieland Saturday is Feb 10th. Should we plan on going to this event even if she hadn’t been admitted yet? It sounds like we’ll probably receive her admission decision shortly afterward. Those of you who are still waiting … are you going?

@TXagghopeful1 It is not corrupt. You just don’t like the process and you have that prerogative. @kwstang18 and @Edi113 are academic admits to the university. Auto/academic admits are always accepted within days of application once the university begins releasing decisions (as of September 20). The bulk of review applicants are usually after January 1 and in the last two cycles, mid February.

@Thelma2 there will only be 2 more waves?

@supermrs7 we don’t really know for sure but we are hoping! Last year many review applicants heard back within the first two weeks of February, however they are behind this year due to Harvey so no way to know for sure. As for engineering- the whole program is treated as a review applicant even if they are an auto admit to university. There was an early deadline for engineering only (October 15th) and they were supposed to receive a decision by mid December. Due to Harvey some of the priority decisions got deferred to January which is why this week we have only seen engineering applicants get admitted so far.

@gigem99 in my opinion if you haven’t gotten to experience or fully tour the University yet I’d plan to go even if you haven’t heard yet. It’s supposed to be a day all about prospective students and everything they need or want to know about! However, it’s totally based on if you want to or feel like you need to go. Personally, even though I’ve been admitted I’m not going because I have already toured the school and feel like I have all the information I need. Totally up to you!

@gigem99 I’m going to Aggieland Saturday and so is my twin sister. Neither of us have been accepted yet but hoping to be before Feb 10th but even if we’re not then we’re still going. We both want to be Aggies more than anything and will still enjoy the experience even if we don’t get in. I think you should go, it could be your home for the next four or more years!

I just got in UT! I have tirelessly checked this page over and over again for the past 7 months. I even took my ACT at A&M to try and get in. It has been a dream of mine to be an Aggie! However, they are taking a bit too long.