TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Hey can someone tell me what they think of my chances at full admit or Blinn.
SAT:1340 (640 math; 700 reading)
Top 13% of class
Applied September 29
All three essays
Vp of an engineering club and have held a job for over a year
Plenty of college credit through dual credit

@CyMom4 I’m not sure what your sons rank is but I have a 1280 & 27 and was admitted the beginning of January don’t lose hope!

Can someone tell me if i have a good chance for full admit or blinn?
SAT: 1250 (640 Math/610 English)
top 40% of class ; 535/1406 (competitive high school)
Applied: October 6th
Major: Business Administration
all three essays
worked two jobs; (financial advising internship & babysitting)
dual credit and college credit from AP classes
GPA: 3.8 out of 5.0
NHS and many other organizations (clubs from school)
3 letters of rec (one of them is from a a&m alumn)

Thanks @CyMom4. Good luck to him. I really hope he makes it. Just curious, if for some reason he doesn’t get in, where is he thinking of going?

@ATXAggie He had gotten accepted everywhere he’s applied except CAP at UT. He’s looking at Tech or UofH if he does not get in to TAMU. We’re in Houston so UH is not looking good, he really wanted to “go away” to school. Where is yours looking to go if TAMU does not happen?

@HopefulAg22 - His rank is top 40%. Very competitive school of almost 900. :frowning: Hoping his essays and all the AP classes he took help.

could anyone chance me?

i applied to A&M about December 6.
these are the only stats i can provide:

• ap/ib classes all 4 years of high school. very competitive and rigorous courses taken. HS is very competitive
  • really good essays (all 3)
  • not top 10% but put in top quarter by the AIS. school does NOT rank
  • 4.0 GPA
  • 29 ACT (did not take SAT)
  • applied to allied health major
  • capped from ut austin nursing

@CyMom4 , my son has also heard back from all colleges except Florida State (he jus submitted) and A&M. He’s been accepted to LSU, Boise State, Washington State, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Arkansas and Oklahoma. I think he’ll go to LSU if he doesn’t get into A&M.

His school doesn’t rank but A&M has him 2nd quarter. He got a 31 on his ACT and a 1370 on his SAT. His high school is basically a college prep school. There are about 2600 in his school and about 675 in his class.

I think y’all will both be good in the next wave!!! Great scores

Thanks @AggieMomhelp. Fingers crossed!

@ATXAggie your son has great scores! I’m sure you’ll get good news :slight_smile: The wait is agonizing.

Thanks @CyMom4. It has been tense to say the least. I am not feeling too confident but I guess we’ll know soon enough. Sending positive thoughts your son’s way.

anyone know when the next wave is?

Does anyone know if the 6 tabs change happens if an applicant is offered PSA? Heard it does for other alternative admission decisions (Gateway, Blinn). Just curious!

Not for PSA because you aren’t an Aggie in that regard. Blinn team and gateway you are.

@AggieMomhelp Thank you! That’s what I thought.

Hey, on my Manage Applications (on Howdy) page, they’ve changed my major to UNIV, does that mean that my major is full, or what because on my AIS it hasn’t changed.

After reading @cajk24’s post, I immediately went to my son’s Howdy page. I had not checked it earlier today, because I figured since it was Sunday, nothing would happen. He doesn’t have 6 tabs, but his major under “manage applications” has been changed since yesterday to his second choice! Do you think that means he’s got full admission? (I last checked it yesterday, and it still had his major as business - first choice).

No change here :frowning: I heard the next big wave is Friday so I’m hoping it does before then.

P.S. But it still says “under review” for “application status” next to his second choice major on the “manage applications” page.

@texasjayhawk when did your son apply? I did pretty late so I’m hoping that’s why I haven’t heard anything.