TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@texasjayhawk Has your son’s Howdy page been updated? It’s at the very bottom. What is the date?

@likeclockwork48, he submitted his app on 10/23, but his app was not complete until his transcript arrived on 11/15.

@GManmom123 , The “last updated” date has changed in the past, but not recently. It says January 8 right now.

From the aggiebound Twitter account on 1/29:
TAMU is working to process applications as quickly as possible. Applicants to Engineering who applied during the early action period are being given top priority. Our goal is to get these decisions out prior to Aggieland Saturday on Feb. 10.

My daughter’s Howdy page had a 01/10/18 update about an hour ago. Now is shows an update of 02/02/18. Does this mean anything?

So I applied 7/1, out of state (CA),
1st choice communications 2nd choice telecomm/media studies. both in liberal arts college
SAT 1200
Rank - my HS doesn’t rank but it’s one of the best public schools in CA, and a&m assigned me 1st qtr
My gpa is about 3.7
I have loads of ECs, freshman class VP, adv. publications editor, 2 great jobs and did all 3 essays that look good with my major.
I also sent my resume / letter directly to the director of advising and admissions for the communications school through a family friend who had that connection
I’ve been waiting since July… does anyone know how it’s looking for me? i’ve been reading this forum.

Yesterday, my son’s major changed to second choice, last night, he got another sign in the form of an email from A&M about going on Howdy to update his directory information release, and then at 6:00 a.m. this morning, 6 tabs! Can’t wait until later in the day when AIS updates! Good luck to everyone else!

Application submitted 10/23, but app not complete until transcript received on 11/15.
Act - 31
SAT - 1390
Class Rank - 38%
GPA - 92.45 (weighted)
First choice was business, second choice was communications.
3 essays
2 letters of recommendation

@caligirl2018tx I have almost the same exact stats as you. 1200 SAT, telecommunications, applied 7/1. I got into UT the other day, so I am no longer waiting for tamu. I am still not accepted though

Woke up to 6 tabs in Howdy Portal this morning! AIS has not changed (yet?)… Another wave today, maybe?

Applied: 11/13/17
Major: Animal Science
SAT: 1350
GPA: 3.67
ACT: N/A

I woke up to six tabs as well, with my major changed to General University…
Applied:9/25/17
SAT: 1350
ACT:28
1st quarter (17/132)
GPA: 4.0 unweighted 97.75 weighted

@cajk24 and @Hedgehog18 congrats!!! What were your first choice majors?

@beckistew Visualization was my first choice, Architechture was my second, both full I guess.

6 tabs this morning - Physics
Rank barely top 20
ACT 28
Numerous AP/Dual credit
A little over average extra curricular

Do you think this means full admission or are they admitting Blinn Team now too? I guess we’ll find out later today.

Good luck everybody.

@Tiberon08 I think it is full admit! They haven’t had a big wave yet so this is probably the one. I don’t think Blinn Team will hear until next “wave”. CONGRATS

@cajk24 Yes both must be full and now they’ll ask you to pick from what’s open! Congrats to you though. So many options for majors and the first year doesn’t matter so much for major.

AIS should update today for those with 6 tabs! Congrats to all and welcome to the Aggie Family!

@whoop2022 That’s impressive you got into UT… so many got capd. If you got into UT you will definitely get into TAMU.

I applied for another school over the weekend. Still no word from a&m. I’ve sent multiple emails to my regional advisor. I’ve tweeted. I’ve tried the online chat (I just get prewrittne, robotic answers) and I’ve gotten no communication by any means. I am taking this as a rejection

Still 3 tabs for me… hoping I at least get Blinn Team if this is the last wave for full admits. I really needed Aggie Assurance so I’m bummed. I got CAP’d at UT, which is better than a flat out rejection, so I took that as a bit of a confidence boost for getting into A&M, but maybe not.

My GPA is 89, or 3.56. My class rank is 30% but was 34% when I applied to A&M. My ACT score is 28, no SAT. Intern at a local newspaper, editor of my high school newspaper (member for 4 years), secretary of political activism club (4 years), Vice President of environmental science club (3 years). A few other clubs like Red Cross, senior steering, forensic science. Not many volunteer hours. All three essays. Multiple UIL awards including #1 in region meet. First generation college student.

i called admissions today and they said they’re still rolling out acceptances over the next few weeks. Has anyone on review gotten full acceptance to liberal arts college? specifically communications?

@caligirl2018tx, my son got 6 tabs for communications (his second choice) this morning.

@TXagghopeful1 I wouldn’t take that as a a rejection! they haven’t finished full admit offers yet and haven’t sent out any blinn team of gateway!

What does 6 tabs mean? And where do you find the 6 tabs?