TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@CarrotCat4 CONGRATULATIONS! It is super encouraging to hear of review admits getting admitted. I’m sure you’re through the roof. Thanks for posting your stats, it’s very helpful for all of us still waiting.

As of right now I’m not expecting anything tomorrow since my 1st choice major (business admin) hasn’t changed. I keep checking hoping it does because I know I won’t hear anything until after.

If you get 6 tabs, does that mean you’re for sure in or is there a chance when you get them they can also offer Blinn?

@likeclockwork48 also a business major here but review admits of a variety of majors seem to be hearing back erratically so who knows when we’ll hear back. But I haven’t heard of any business majors hearing back yet… no idea.

congrats @CarrotCat4 !!! ditto to @lydia2022 's comment, it is so good to hear review admits are hearing back. hope more good news goes out to the rest of us soon!

Can someone explain to me what “tabs” are? I’m very confused. I’m currently waiting in anxiety.

@HopefulAggie200 the tabs are located in your Howdy portal, initially there are 3 tabs ( home, applicant, howdy) but, if there appears 6 tabs then it’s generally considered a good sign. I hope that helps!

Thank you so much! Also, why does it take longer for other review people to get admitted before others?

Application Date: 12/24/17
GPA and Class Rank: 94.11 (69 of 237)
A 97 junior year and 99 for 1st semester of senior year don’t seem to be raising it that much.
ACT Composite: 25
SAT: 1160 (not really a good test taker)
College applied for: College of Science
Major in that College: Biology
ECs: Student Council Chairman(4 Years) with 250+ volunteer hours, Secretary of Choir (11th grade), Show Choir Member (elite chosen group of singers), Honor Band, Tennis (3 Years), All Region Choir Member, Most Outstanding Junior in Choir, Highest average in English 3, Academic Letter (multiple times), Art Club Member, etc.
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? My essays (I pride myself on my writing skills) , which relate the immense amount of hardships I’ve gone through and what I’ve learned. Also, several AP courses which show I am challenging myself and succeeding. One of my recommendation letters is also written by the daughter of a former dean at the college (which I didn’t know until I read the letter) and she speaks very highly of me.
In state/Out of State: In State
Current Status on AIS: In review

Could anyone tell me where people with my stats are most likely looking at? I’ve seen people with similar stats get gateway, blinn team, or full admissions and even lower stats get one of those options. Just curious, the wait is killing me!

Yep, the My Letters date is Feb 7 now. Guess it doesn’t mean anything.

Just thought I would post my son’s stats while we wait to hear back :slight_smile:

Application Date: 12/23/17
Received UIN: 12/29/17
GPA: 4.04W, 3.97 UW
Class Rank: School does not rank, put in 1st quarter on AIS
ACT: 25
SAT: did not take
College applied for: College of Science
Major: Physics
ECs: Texas Boys State (held elected position), Varsity Football-4yrs, Senior Football Leader, Football State Championship, NHS, School Spirit Ambassador-2 yr., Social Ambassador 1 yr., leadership award, academic awards, character award, 100+ volunteer hours
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
What is the highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process?: Texas Boys State, essays
In State/Out of State: In State
Current status AIS: Status In Review

Good luck to everyone!

I dont think I have it yet, where do I look?

I Have yet to be accepted (or denied yikes) but I just found my site code dest. On the homepage of AIS. Thats about it.

Btw, the date on My Letters updates everyday. Its just a today’s date!

I’m in the Top 16% of my class with a 1210 SAT score, but i really feel like i’m going to be denied

I pulled up Howdy.tamu.edu on both my phone and computer. My phone shows updated 2018-02-02 and my computer shows updated 2018-01-08. I have cleared my cookies and am wondering if there is something wrong. I have seen the dates change several times in the past few days on my phone. Any ideas? Thank you!

Anybody got 6 tabs this morning!

@Dhg712 congratulations. What major?

@TXagghopeful1 I was actually asking, lol…! It was a question mark. My bad. Sorry!

Hahahahahah. Sorry!!!

I doubt anyone will find out for today because i’ve been told they only send out letters on Tuesday’s & Thursdays.