TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

Doesn’t your first and second choice come up anyway on AIS?

@mamma3g, yes but on howdy under manage applications it only shows the first one. So if that changes to your second, then bam… you’re in!

Any updates? Anyone else have any new info?

@mamma3g what if you still have both your first and second major listed (and the second is Mays)?

Oh i have no idea. Learning from everyone else

WHEW! I have been trying to catch up on stats and with every page I finished going threw, another one or two was added on!!!

For stats purposes (and I’m sure others would like to compare notes) would the following applicants (and any lurkers) PLEASE post their stats and remember to please come back on and report your decision!! It is important for next years application cycle.

Date Applied:
Class Rank:
ACT/SAT with Sub Scores:
Major applied to (first and second)
EC’s
If OOS or INT, where:
Offer anything else you like

@shiver17 @cottoncandy1 @Tayleighb @tcas1221 @M0mmaL0ve @AggieMomx2 @texasperson @mamma3g @csmom99 @paag1234 @Sscard @hsgrad18 @mbwckcmb @gigem99 @mewles @ddt872 @kwalters @anna78 @Duggan1 @3rdgenAg

Thank You

If I get offered Blinn Team can I still rush and live at Callaway? I signed my Callaway lease a while back and I also really want to be in a sorority so I want to know if they look down on BT or anything like that

@caligirl2018tx Yes, As a Blinn Teamer, you are just like any full time CStat student except that you cannot play an NCAA sport.

@caligirl2018tx yes.

@caligirl2018tx yes, you can be on BT & rush. The sororities are actually required to take some BT in their numbers, there was a stigma the first year it was allowed but it has since gone away. The admin. did not consult sororities when they announced the change of policy of Blinn Teamer’s being able to join sororities, it was forced upon them & caused huge issues as they have national rules that had to be re-written for theTAMU exception (you must be enrolled in a 4 year institution to normally be eligible for membership). It’s all good now. As for Callaway - yes you can also live there as BT (same is true on campus).

@Thelma2 do you know if you get 6 tabs if you are offered blinn team? Or are six tabs just something full admits get? I’m still stuck on three as a business major and the wait is driving me crazy.

How are the sororities at tamu by the way. i am interested but i think my parents have a bad connotation with sororities.

@caligirl2018tx: Everything is fine on going Greek as Blinn-TEAM ! Check out my thread: TAMU Blinn-TEAM Fall 2017 Parent Perspective for info on what my current Greek Freshman Aggie on Blinn-TEAM has experienced.

The ONLY thing that a Blinn-TEAM student can not do is play an NCAA sport for TAMU. In all other regards, they are an Aggie with all of the benefits of living in Aggieland! :slight_smile:

WHOOP! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much everyone for the quick responses and info! If I get offered Blinn I will highly consider it. Now, I am out of state so likely I would not take a car… I know Blinn is about a 20 minute drive. Is there a bus from the tamu campus to blinn?

@caligirl2018x Yes, there is a bus that travels from A&M to the Blinn Campus in Byan. The A&M website has all the details.

@Kuehne410 Mays Business School is full, so if you are accepted to the university, you will get your second choice major. If it is full, you will be asked to choose from an open major.

I don’t know off the top of my head about the 6 tabs and blinn team. I would have to go back and look at last years admissions thread. I do know that full admit decisions still come out on the days that Blinn Team and PSA come out.

Date Applied:11/17
Class Rank:21st percentile
ACT/SAT with Sub Scores:SAT 1350
Major applied to (first and second) Animal Science/Biology
No offer yet.

@Thelma2 Is it full because all the auto admits? Or is it full because there are review admits that have yet to be informed of acceptance? Seems silly that I have no chance of getting in just because I’m a review admit.

@TXagghopeful1, my kids both were Greek (sorority & fraternity). Sororities are fairly large (200+ members), houses are located off campus in basically a 3 block area. Other than recruitment week (when they are all competing for members) the houses all get along pretty well. They have academic requirements for membership ( study time, sitting in the front of classes, GPA, etc) and often will sit with other Greeks in classes. Commitments include 2 meetings a week for new members, then once a week after you are a full member. A sorority encourages you to participate in various activities & get to know each other. Recruitment week is the week before classes start (howdy week). My daughter loved her experience & many of her closest friends are sorority sisters.

There are national sororities here and also other sororities - they all make a large university seem much smaller. Some choose the Greek ones, some choose other ones ( religious based, nationality based, service based, etc). For national greek sororities your best chances are as an incoming freshman, competition gets tough for sophomores & very stiff for juniors. The non-greek sororities hold their membership drives after panhellenic recruitment, they are far less formal, more like clubs.

Can you apply for housing if you haven’t been admitted?