TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

With an 1110 sat and no indications should I take it as rejected?

@Krod77 yes, there’s no change. :frowning:

So Blinn Team is better than getting fully accepted?

@TXagghopeful1 … your screen name says “HOPEFUL” … let’s keep thinking positive thoughts! There are A LOT of us with no changes tonight.

Those of you recently posted that got TEAM was it not on there a couple of hours ago? While the system is updating and it says it is down with the message that says if you can’t log on try tomorrow. Just wondering if any were activity being added throughout the evening while the system seems to be updating ?

@DFWAggie18 thanks for that reminder.

Curious, in the past how many TEAM spots are offered?

@CyMom4 I bet it will be tomorrow. :slight_smile: We still only have the TEAM on the managing apps page. That’s the only change I’ve seen. I’ll believe it when I see the acceptance on AIS and Howdy! Hugs and prayers for a calm heart and that you get sleep. If you’re like me…it’s TOUGH!

How will Gateway be noted or has anyone gotten that offer yet?? Hold out hope as well for those that are worried including me :wink:

Hey I have a 990 SAT score with site code and my 1st major. Just have patience. The worst thing they can do is say no. But if you really want to attend TAMU, be patient. There were many setbacks causing delay

@paag1234 It wasn’t there earlier for me. It was when I checked around 6:30 pm.

@TXagghopeful1 …try and stay positive, it’s still early.

@Krod77 Thank you!! It is tough. :-S My son is a trouper, he’s staying positive.

I wish luck to all tonight and tomorrow,

Howdy,
As of September 1, 2015, Texas Government Code designates applicant information as confidential. Texas A&M has historically shared directory information with businesses and organizations that provide services to our students such as the Texas A&M Mothers’ Clubs, housing providers, and bookstores.

For additional details or to release your directory information, follow these simple steps:

• Login to the Howdy portal
• Select the Applicant tab
• Select ‘Manage Applications’
• Select ‘Directory Information Release Preference’

Wondering why I got this email? Anybody?

I got that email back in November. Haven’t been accepted yet either.

Application Status: Under Review Level : Undergraduate Major: BIMS Program: BS-BIMS

This is all my howdy managing application says

To everyone who is getting a TAMU Blinn-TEAM offer: CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will be an Aggie in Aggieland! Whoop! :slight_smile:

During my current Freshman Blinn-TEAM daughter’s NSC last year, the advisors stressed that the students who were offered BLINN-TEAM were VERY wanted. These students have the scores, rigor of classes and tine management skills gained through busy ECs that will give them the skills to THRIVE at TAMU. There just simply is not enough room, there are just not enough seats on the main campus for all of the Freshman applicants

Think about it, there were 42,000 applications for Fall 2017, and probably many thousands more this year. The campus can’t hold that many people! The student population would be nearly 200,000 or maybe more, if they had let in everyone who applied in the past several years!! Impossible.

It is sad that a state the size of TX has only 2 world class flagship Universities. And a huge proportion of the Freshman seats are reserved for the Top 10% by state law, leaving only a very few thousand seats for the review applicants.

If you want to be an Aggie, Blinn-TEAM is a great way to start out. THE ONLY THING THAT YOU CAN NOT DO IS PLAY AN NCAA SPORT FOR TAMU. Otherwise, you are an Aggie!!

Even full TAMU admits take classes at Blinn: some Science majors take languages/history/English and non-science majors take Math/Science. Sometimes this is because of scheduling, sometimes it is for financial reasons as hours at Blinn are cheaper. The buses run between the TAMU campus and Blinn Campus in Bryan several times an hour, the campuses are less than 5 miles apart. And quite often the Blinn campus classes are much smaller than the classes on the TAMU campus. Win win!

The only people who regard Blinn-TEAM as “less than” are people who are not in College Station. In CStat, NO ONE CARES if you are on Blinn TEAM, or just take a few classes at Blinn or just attend classes only at Blinn. CStat is the friendliest place that I have ever visited and I am so happy that one daughter is an Aggie '16 and the other is currently a TAMU Blinn-TEAM Aggie '21. They have or are earning a world class education while making life long friends.

There is info on the TAMU Blinn-TEAM website on the pathways for majors from Blinn-TEAM. Fulfill the requirements and you are in your major. And there is always the possibility that the major you chose as a 17 or 18 year old will not be the one that you graduate with, mainly because you will be exposed to other ideas once you are in college and may find something else that clicks with your particular set of interests and skills.

Check out my thread on TAMU Blinn-TEAM: Fall 2017 parent perspective for more info on the experience our family is going through. :slight_smile:

I was away this evening and came back to 90+ and realized decisions must have come out. Congrats to all of the Blinn Team Aggies!

I have not made my way through all of the posts yet but wanted to say- If you have not read @AggieMomAgain post about Blinn Team, I encourage you to do so. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2049387-tamu-blinn-team-fall-2017-parent-perspective.html#latest

I too, have known Blinn Teamer’s who have pledged sorority, fraternity, lived in dorms on campus, off campus, tailgate, and do all things full admits at College Station do with one exception. You cannot play an NCAA sport.
Every Blinn Team student I know, was full time at A&M after freshman year.

Congrats everyone and welcome to being an AGGIE!

@texasag : For Fall 2017, there were 27,000 holistically reviewed applications. There were 3,800 students who were offered full admission after review. There were 2,400 students who were offered Blinn-TEAM after review. (Of those who were offered Blinn-TEAM, only about 1,050 students accepted the offer and are now enjoying being Aggies in Aggieland! We were given that info during our daughter’s NSC in June :slight_smile:

There were 530 students who were offered Gateway, no info how many fulfilled the requirements and became full admits in the Fall.

The entire breakdown for the 42,000 applications can be found on the TAMU website under 2017 Counselor Connection Update Spring

Whoop! :slight_smile: