TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

@bluefordaggie it is such a terrible feeling …

@TXagghopeful1 what are your other college options?

@TXagghopeful1 I encouraged my son to be a pediatrician because he loves children (I’m a teacher) but he wants to be a surgeon! I support him in whatever he chooses but know he would be AMAZING working with children … follow your dreams …

I actually participate in a clinical session currently at the hospital nearby, (as a part of my prep to be a certified clinical medical assistant in may) and I shadowed on 2 surgeries and it was amazing. I loved it, and actually considered pediatric surgery, but idk if I could cut into kids. It sounds terrible. The OR is really interesting though! Good luck to your son! He will love it! @DFWAggie18

@labegg I plan on going to UTSA at this point if tamu doesn’t work out.

@TXagghope hopefully you two will meet up in class this coming fall! Crossing our fingers!

If it works out for us both (I hope) you’ll have to get me in touch with him pleeeassee

My daughter would also like to work with children…emergency room pediatrics. (Her doctor recommended the BIMS program.). She is also interested in the BIMS Spanish Language certification. Sounds like all of you will have a lot of challenges, but also a lot of fun!

@next224 I have heard that they do hold open spots for very competitive review applicants who may not have been auto/academic admits. I have no source, just what I have heard over the last three admission cycles.

Daughter got accepted into Blinnteam today. So excited. But now struggling to get into housing portal each time she tries to login it sends her back to the university log in page but never lets her log in. Anyone else having this problem?

My daughter is in the same boat. Will be a tough road to get into nursing but she is so happy to have been accepted. Wonder if they will have a better chance if they apply as a junior?

Yeah I’m having the same problem.

I heard there was a glitch. Lots of folks who were accepted on the 5th/6th are having a dickens of a time logging in.
Do you mind sharing your D’s stats @Newaggiemom

@Newaggiemom My daughter also wants to do nursing…and we are not sure this will be the best route . But MAN I sure hope so! So proud. And we also cannot log in to the housing portal.

Accepted to TEAM

Rank 78/550
SAT. 1170
GPA 4.9 on 6 point scale
EC. Drum major, Girl Scout Gold Award, Church leadership team, 3 year dance company
3 essays
No letters of rec

Here is a little breakdown for you all.

136 applicants have posted as being a holistic review applicant.

55 have provided their stats and have received, and posted an admissions decision.

1 has provided an admissions decision but no stats.

60 have provided stats and are awaiting a decision or have not come back to post a decision.

20 have not provided stats and are awaiting a decision or have not come back to post a decision.

@Thelma2 I applied on December 15th

@Thelma2 wow. Thanks for doing this. It really opens my eyes. As I read through it seems like many more have a decision compared to those who don’t. But really… more people don’t. Hopefully they’ll pour in soon!

@Thelma2 wow. Thanks for doing this. It really opens my eyes. As I read through it seems like many more have a decision compared to those who don’t. But really… more people don’t. Hopefully they’ll pour in soon!

@next224 mays is closed. There are no more spots. I have talked directly to a asst admissions dean as late as last week. My soon was holistic admitted in December to second choice major. We pursued every possible avenue. The answer was and still is it is closed (and has been since right after thanksgiving) to anyone but national merit and Hispanic merit. I confirmed again that it won’t reopen for anyone just last week. Sorry but to use the words of admissions, anyone saying otherwise is giving false hope. ( not you Thelma, I know you are passing on what you’ve heard)