TAMU Holistic review candidates Class of 2022

It was under manage applications directory information release preference? Anyone know anything about it ?

@Mother2018 I noticed the directory information button earlier today, as well. I wasn’t sure if it had been there or not and only really paid attention because some on this feel had discussed getting an email about directory preferences. I don’t have an answer per say but it seemed “different” to me, as well earlier today.

@tcas1221 I wish you were right, but unfortunately I don’t think you are. I Have a 1510 SAT with 800 math, am in the middle of second quarter, and have not heard back yet even though I applied October 17th. Class rank, EC’s, and almost everything is taken into account. It’s not just SAT/ACT scores. (I really wish you were right).

@hopeaggiemom I totally agree that the process is ridiculous. We have heard back quickly with OOS and private colleges in the state. I think the delay is largely due to the top 10% rule and the fact that they have to make sure they have room for those students first. I don’t know if other states have the same rule or just those of us lucky enough to live in Texas. Congrats on your daughter’s TEAM acceptance.

Did you reply ok? Not really sure what this is??

Are those who haven’t been accepted going to Aggieland Saturday?

@TXagghopeful1 I’m not going.

@Trommald : I still think that there is a full admit seat for you. A perfect SAT Math score should count for something. But if not full admit, then either Gateway or Blinn. Don’t give up hope. There are just so many applications and they have to admit all Top 10% by State law and then all of the Top 25% Academic Admits.

If you get a decision that you don’t like, appeal the decision. It can’t hurt, it might help and someone on this board appealed a PSA offer last year and won full admit to Mays. She was homeschool and had a lot of Dual Credits.

Hang in there.

@shiver17 I feel the same way. A&M is just not the same school I graduated from in 1991. I feel that it’s the university form of urban sprawl, and sometimes bigger is not better. My legacy daughter will likely not be accepted, and I am perfectly fine with that. There are many schools in Texas and out of state that do want her, and they are smaller and more personal.

okay so does anyone know if the dean of your specific college is the one who accepts you? or is it like a different panel of people

@labegg LOL No stats Book in the making or publishing thereof. LOL Like most here, what knowledge and experience I share, is from my own experience or that of others, and is free to everyone. Of having three kids in college at different universities, A&M was the most intricate of navigating and competitive for everything, not just admissions. It was a big learning curve and I just thought I’d payback to all the other parents and applicants for all of the help I (we) got when going through it. Keeping the stats is an undertaking and I will likely not do it for the next cycle. Also, so much as changed that doesn’t affect us anymore, that what I know is no longer relevant and I am just not keeping up with the changes. Keeping stats is proving to be too much work when I have half stats and no decisions and half decisions but no stats and perusing three results threads. I guess the only thing really to track are the dates of release when all of the various decisions come out.

To all: If you still have heard nothing, that simply means a decision has not been reach for your application. Every application is still in the running for full admit or Blinn Team. For Engineering: Full Admit, Galveston, Engineering Academy at Blinn Bryan or Engineering Academy at McAllen and, for some applicants, pick any other open major in College Station other than Engineering. Some engineering applicants may be offered several options and some only one. The surface has hardly been touch, it appears, for engineering decisions. A very, very few review applicants have a decision. The bulk so far, are auto and academic admit.

Then, there is also PSA. For PSA, TAMU uses predetermined class rank/test scores minimums to qualify you for guaranteed admission at various System Institutions. Most students are eligible for automatic admission at all 8 System Institutions, but some students aren’t. Therefor, some applicants will be offered all 8 system PSA schools to chose from and other applicants less choices.

In the past two admissions cycles (class 2020 and class 2021) there were some decisions that came out just before Aggieland Day and a great many came after that through the third Friday of February. Will that hold true this year? No one knows. A&M Website states decisions by March 1, so to get a decision any day before that is early.

Review applications can be read many, many times before an admissions decision is made. Obviously they are read or start being read prior to January, as there are Engineering and other major review applicants who were admitted in Nov/Dec. But, the bulk must wait to have a decision put forth until all of the auto/academic are placed in a major. Of course there will be those review applications that cannot be read that arrive after the Uni closes for Winter Break and must wait until staff returns, Then the newly received review applications must be compared to the existing ones.

A&M is not the University of the 1980’s & 90’s. Neither are most colleges in across the US. My extended family is very plugged in in academia across the country, with quite a few tenured professors, including Washington University. There was a big discussion over Thanksgiving that most of us probably couldn’t even get in to or afford to attend our alma mater out of pocket in this day and age. Back then, most of us were able to work summers to pay a lot of our college costs. That just doesn’t happen now like it used to.

One of my own kids was denied his first choice university for the major he wanted. He was offered only open majors other than STEM. He was very disappointed and I was disappointed for him. It is hard to see them so let down. But how he reacts to the disappointment is bigger than the disappointment itself. He was a legacy at that uni through his father and several family members. Furthermore, his grandpa had been a football recruit. But he didn’t blame the university for his not getting in. He had to look at his own performance in high school that attributed to where he stood and the competitive field of applicants he was up against. He didn’t take it that the University didn’t want him (it is not that personal), it is that he wasn’t competitive enough to secure the spot he wanted before the seats were filled. Even if he had done his absolute very best, 100% on every thing to the best of his ability and received the same decision, that is not a blemish on the university for not granting him what he wished for. It means that despite his 100% effort, there were just that many more applicants who were more competitive but is in no way diminishing his accomplishments. This may be the case as he goes forward in life through other endeavors and employment. He cannot be bitter against an entity to why he didn’t get something but rather, take other routes to the goal and improve himself along the way to get there.
That said, he did have full admission to his desired major at other universities, where his abilities, attributes and accomplishments secured him a spot. Life isn’t ever fair and it is natural and just to feel disappointment. It’s OK to grieve the loss of a hope that didn’t come to fruition. When we can teach our kids that, and that pointing blame against what we didn’t get and that therefor, something is wrong with the entity, doesn’t help us grow as individuals when instead, we should reflect on what perhaps we could have done differently for something we want to achieve in the future. Some things just are not meant to be and others, we have to travel alternate roads to get there other than the direct route. Those other routes can refine us into our best selves we had no idea we could be and be a beautiful as well as challenging and rewarding journey, if we let it.

So I’ve heard there was a wave of acceptances yesterday. I had called tamu couple weeks ago and they said check on fridays and Saturday’s. Does anyone know if anything would be posted today?

I had a very interesting conversation with the wonderful lady that is in charge of the Galveston Engineering pathway.

I want to have contingency plans. My son has been accepted to many other universities, but his first choice is A&M. After speaking to this person from Galveston (I’m sorry, I don’t remember her exact title), she said that A&M still has the whole month of March to accept students. The fact you haven’t heard anything is not a denial. Don’t give up hope! If my son happens to get denied, we will look at the Austin Community College A&M Engineering option. It’s not his first choice, but according to this Dean it is an amazing pathway to earn a degree from A&M. I don’t believe in taking “no” for an answer. Work the problem. If A&M means that much, you can find a way to earn that degree!

@GManmom123 Amen to that! If you want to be an Aggie bad enough, the university offers a path to those willing to make sacrifices to achieve that goal. ACC Engineering or Blinn Brenham is our backup. A lot cheaper too!

@Thelma2 …I so appreciate all of your advice and encouragement. My son has pretty much lost hope as most of his friends have gotten Blinn Team or Full admission. Sigh. Another parent reports her son got denied already but I haven’t heard anyone else say that, so I wondering if she was mistaken.
Stay strong Aggie Hopefuls!

I am trying to keep both of our chins up for my Construction Science hopeful.

@babymomma I had a friend tell me today that her daughter received 6 tabs in Howdy today…so it will likely update tonight or tomorrow.

I attended Aggieland Saturday today with my daughter. It was so fun! They have made some fabulous changes in the BlinnTeam program recently and they also informed us that they accepted alot LESS this year into the program. So if you made it in, feel HONORED! They’ve made it to where it’s simply a “change of major” when you are finished with their requirements (which mostly happens in one year!!) instead of “applying” to a major. Good luck, to everyone. I also know some acceptances were still rolling out this weekend.

I have personally have never recieved any tabs or anything. The only update was from my Howdy going from 1-10-2018 to 1-08-2018 today. My friend who applied on July 1st hasn’t heard back anything either. A lot of my friends haven’t. They all have really good stats & we attend VERY competitive high schools…I’m losing hope at an alarming rate.

@Krod77 : Glad that y’all had fun! Surprised to hear that there are less accepted into Blinn TEAM, I would have thought that they would be expanding it. But it is all good news, hopefully soon, everyone in TX will realize what a great program that it is.

@HopefulAggie200 there are a lot of us in the same boat with you! Waiting and hoping becomes increasingly more difficult each day! I still think there are several weeks of decisions coming out … don’t give up hope yet!