TAMU Spring 2019 Transfer

Ahhh! @JaceyK I just put it together that you are meganalise99’s mother! I didn’t mean to hijack two threads! I thought maybe I found another person who got the letter. Again, congrats to your daughter and fingers crossed for your son!

@maxtdey @AggieCSdream @tr3wayy Did y’all hear from Comp Engineering ?

nope @KrisP1

@krispy1 no nothing yet

@maxtdey @AggieCSdream @tr3wayy I got my decision, didn’t work out for both of my majors

@JaceyK Howdy! I did not receive a financial aid award letter in the mail. If you check your financial aid portal in howdy, you’ll be able to access the award letter there. I think it took a few days to actually receive the letter. I was also able to apply for loans and get them approved within three days. The first step would be to submit loan entrance counseling for subsidized and unsubsidized loans. I was able to get mine reviewed fast because I took out loans at my previous institution. Additionally I contacted financial aid and they were able to review my financial aid right there and then. If you’re interested in the parent plus loan, you as the mother would also need to complete entrance counseling for the parent plus loan. Once your loans are processed, you can accept or decline the amount, and submit the master promissory note. If you want your daughter to move in before the new student orientation, you would need to complete the housing application and wait until you receive the placement notification. You then would have to submit an early move-in request and pay a fee upon approval. Anyways I think I answered everything. I’ve done lots of research and emails to get all this information. (I’m a first college student in my family and no one in my family knows how to any of this stuff.) Feel free to message if you like, I will try help the best I can.

@krispy1 I’m sorry man. A 3.89 Gpa, that’s crazy. I’m sure they’re gonna regret making that decision just keep working hard

@KrisP1 So sorry to hear that - are you going to try to appeal that decision? Your stats are so very similar to my daughter’s with the exception of the hours (3.95 GPA, 58 hours, all As, 1 B). I would shoot for an appeal and maybe visit the advisor like @AdamBarket did!

@gator24 thank you for the information, very helpful! My daughter will be looking for an apartment with her bff Saturday so they are living off campus. We were worried about first month expenses while waiting on financial aid, if that makes sense. Everything else you described helps a lot though!

@KrisP1 Same here just got denied from the CS after my first choice was change to CE and after a few hours I got the denied letter (so cruel after long waiting!) this is our life and I am OK with that it is not the end of the world. Do you know if there is anyway to find out why I got denied?

I’m absolutely shocked you guys. Your GPA and stats were great. I know it’s a tough field, but wow. If there is another major you are interested in at TAMU, I would definitely get up her to Aggieland and meet with someone to try and appeal. I’m so sorry y’all. I wasn’t even worried about you two or JaceyK’s daughter. It’s crazy.

@krisP1 & @tr3wayy I got rejected too from both majors as well. Well the battle was lost though the quest to achieve my educational pursuits have not ended. I had a 3.83 with all required and recommended course work(40hrs) completed.

@AIF9AIF i have no idea, but i am guessing less seats or something. @JaceyK i might, but super busy in next week, got finals the week after next and a lot of other stuff to worry about, but i might go to College Station next Friday and try to talk to someone over there. @tr3wayy exactly. you should also visit college station after you get your final decision.

Guys is there any importance from where a candidate is transfer?

@AIF9AIF I’m not sure what you’re asking? Do you mean does it matter where you’re transferring from? I honestly have no clue - I think so long as it it an accredited university or community college system, it shouldn’t matter. But that is my guess.

@JaceyK I meant if there is any different between a candidate that coming from top 50 nation ranking university to a candidate that coming from a community college? Does TAMU give any priority (besides of the GPA)?

@AIF9AIF I don’t think so - my daughter has only done community colleges (Angelina & LoneStar specifically). I think where this comes into play is the audit on courses transferred. Just a thought.

@krispy1 I’m so sorry to hear that :frowning:

@maxtdey @AggieCSdream @tr3wayy Any changes in your decisions ? So far none of the cs and comp engg transfer have been admitted. I went back and read the entire forum for spring 2019.

@AdamBarket so you went to the department and asked for the adviser to answer for your rejection or is there like appointment or anything like that before i head to college station tomorrow ?