TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

Admissions Update: I don’t know if this is a big deal or not but my transfer audit report posted in howdy (It says it only posts after a decision has been made) Also my second choice major is gone now and my first choice major is the only one there. Still no extra tabs though, but things are moving around for sure.

@kafooxd Do you have some of the courses completed?

@ssppiikkeerr I think that’s a really good sign! From what I have seen on other threads, if the second major is gone it likely means a decision has been made. This could all be speculation but I’m still hoping for you!!

I do have some courses completed just not all :frowning:

@ssppiikkeerr I just checked Howdy! I also just have my first major left and my audit report. On AIS, however, it still shows both majors and that my app is in review.

@kafooxd I think it just means they are beginning to get the ball rolling but hey, maybe a decision could be posted soon. I know that once the extra tabs come its a pretty good assurance that you’ve been accepted.

@ssppiikkeerr I think you’re right! There were some other applicants saying they were denied even with the transfer audit report, so I’m trying not to get my hopes up too high. I hope we both get in! I’ve noticed that decisions in the past began rolling out mid-February so we probably have to sit tight for at least two more weeks.

@kafooxd yeah, the earliest I’ve seen is around the second week of Feb. Its way better than having to wait until April or May like if you apply to some other schools, so I’m not complaining!

@ssppiikkeerr Haha, true! I do think they will postpone my decision and ask me to send spring grades, because I have not completed many recommended courses. I have completed Calculus, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics and Rhetoric (AP). I have not completed Finite Math, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, or Public speaking. I am currently taking Financial Accounting though. I’m worried it will affect my application significantly, because I read priority is given to those who have completed lots of courses. Maybe they will ask for spring grades and consider me even with my lack of recommended coursework…?

Also, is it true that most Mays’ transfer are incoming juniors?

@kafooxd Well you’ve finished about half so you aren’t as bad as someone who for instance only has one or two. You also have Financial Accounting in progress which is a plus. I would say that they potentially ask for your spring grades or admit you regularly. Yes, it is true though, Mays typically accepts more juniors; the only reason they accept more juniors though is because they have completed all of the recommended course work. Now, what you could do is go in as undecided and finish up your required courses and then change of major into Mays as a junior. I know its not the same as going into Mays directly, but it would get you in to TAMU and would give you the opportunity to still graduate from Mays.

@ssppiikkeerr that’s good advice! thank you. I will consider it.

@ssppiikkeerr I can see my transfer audit report too! My howdy was updated yesterday, but my application is still in review. I applied to Liberal Arts school for communications with a 3.4 gpa!

@joaquinacardozo updated like you got the extra tabs or just updated like they dropped your second major?

@ssppiikkeerr They dropped my second major and i can see the transfer report for my first choice! what do you mean by extra tabs??

Hello I applied January 1st and my application went into review as of January 14th.
Major: Human resource development
GPA: 3.5

My friend heard that transfer students won’t hear back till beginning of April, not sure if this is true. Good luck to y’all!

@joaquinacardozo typically anywhere from a few weeks to a few days after you get accepted but before your actual status updates you get 2 extra tabs in howdy. One is a finance tab, the other one I can’t remember. They’re like a early indicator you’ve gotten in.

@drycleaner13 the earliest people have gotten accepted is the second week of February. The majority get accepted somewhere between then and mid March. April is typically when Mays students and engineering students find out if they got in; a few others might trickle over if they are boarder line applicants. With your stats you should be good to go on getting in. I would say probably in the next month we should hear back.

Hi! My application went into review on Jan. 7th.
Major: Psychology
GPA: 3.75
Hours: 12 (I will have 30 hours after Spring)

I was wondering when I would receive an answer. I know I will either be rejected or deferred until after Spring grades, but then will they tell you that you are deferred or rejected? Thanks :slight_smile:

@mat2015 They will tell you to submit spring grades around the same time applicants with over 24 hours start getting accepted or declined. So you will probably get the letter within a month or so. Hope this helps!

Does Mays ask for spring grades? The transfer sheet says they don’t consider spring grades :frowning:

@kafooxd No, they don’t consider spring grades. Because they make decisions so late and only accept roughly 100 transfers.

@kafooxd This was an excerpt from the Mays website

“Students need to have credit for both required math courses before submitting an application.”

Since you’re only a freshman, I’d probably recommend doing another year at a CC. Or transferring to A&M as a general studies major and then try to internal transfer to Mays next application period. Just my opinion though! Do what you want

@dover30 This sucks :frowning: I’ll expect the rejection in a few weeks… I’ll keep you all posted.