TAMU Summer/Fall 2016 Transfer page

I hope that we will get our acceptance answer before mid March because I can’t fully focus on my studies right now.
Texas Tech already answered me in mid January and I am pretty sure that they also have tons of applicants. I feel like A&M make us wait just to tell us that they are an “elite school” that is very picky on choosing their students.

I got Accepted to Dwight Look College of Engineering

my stats:

-Dallas Community Colleges
-4.0 GPA overall, 32 hours
-Electrical Engineering
-I took Calculus 3, University Physics 1, Federal Government, Business Applications, and an Educational Class (EDUC) for Fall 2015. I have calculus 1 & 2 as a credit and passed College Algebra and Trig Dual Credit. Got All A and GPA is 4.0

• Worked 30 hours per week as a manager at Walmart, and have fair resume

So I applied after my first semester as a freshman at Blinn with 15 hours. Will i get accepted to the fall since I will have 30 after the end of my second semester? or will they reject me since i don’t have the 24 hours right now?

@aggiengineering I agree with you for the most part. I’ve already been accepted to most other schools I applied for, but tamu and UT. I mean February replies aren’t the worst thing in the world, especially with a school as big as tamu. I just wish that they wouldn’t accept some students today and some students two weeks later, even though we applied and went into review at the same time. it could be worse, like UT who really empathizes that “elite” status considering they don’t start admitting students until April…some of them don’t get notified until June! That’s nuts.

Ugh. The work day is practically over and nothing changed. I have the big Aggieland Saturday event this weekend, and was hoping to already be accepted before I attend. Hopefully something happens within the next two days.

@Agg979 They will reject you because you do not meet the requirement, but later you can send your spring grades, and it will go to review again.

@tamufinance I applied to Mays

@aggiengineering did Texas tech accepted you or not? And what is the deadline for Texas tech? Actually I want to apply but there is no aerospace major there!!!

What are your stats? How is your application going? @dover30

@tamufinance Everything processed in mid January, got my transfer audit in late January.

3.67 GPA, only class I am missing Managerial Accounting but am currently taking it this spring. Pretty good extra curriculars (President of Business club, have an internship this summer, was an athlete during my freshman year of college)

I was told by an advisor at a prospective student center that the average GPA that transfers to Mays is a 3.7 so you should have no problem getting in since yours is a 3.9+

hopefully we get in. I am very anxious on the decision @dover30

@hopefulaggie3
Applied Jan 1st
Went into review around January 16
Received audit report January 27
Accepted Feb 10

Major: human resource development
Hours: 47 (includes 12 hours in progress)
GPA: 3.55
Let me know if you need any more info!

@Adam666 Yeah Texas Tech accepted me.
No they don’t have aerospace engineering.
I think that the deadline at TTU is the same as A&M.
They have an automatic admission rule if you have all the requirements.
I applied for PetE (1st choice) and MeE (second choice) but it doesn’t really matter because every transfer student that transfer at TTU for engineering have to take one semester foundational engineering then he can chose his major according to his TTU GPA.
Each major have different GPA requirements.
I applied over there because I heard they give a lot of scholarships.

So happy I found this! I applied as a transfer for fall 2016, sent my application Jan 1st, everything is in review as of monday…but not showing up in transfer audits. :frowning:
When should we hear back?
GPA 3.3
Major: Interdisciplinary Studies
34 hours, finished all required course work.
How long did it take see the transfer audits, once AIS showed the application was complete and in review!?!

@jruiz389247 It took me exactly 13 days from the day I went into review to the day I got my Audit report. Once you get your audit report you should get a decision anywhere from two weeks to a month. So you should probably hear back early to mid March

@ocea314 hopefully we both get in! Our major is the same! And I was also at a private university freshman year, now at a community college, keep me updated!

@ssppiikkeerr Darn, I hate waiting! But it also might be different for my major, what is your major?

@jruiz389247 My major is PoliSci.

@aggiengineering I don’t know if Texas tech is a good school or not, however I believe that a&m for engineering is better. Since I’m out of state student do you think it worth it to apply for Texas tech? And I have a question for all of you guys. What is required to be in state student in addition to be resident for 12 months?

@Adam666 I would apply to tech as a backup if you’d like, it still a good school! As for becoming a resident, you have to register your car with Texas and get a Texas license plate and drivers license, and prove that you have worked and resided in Texas for 12 months! That’s all that schools require as proof of in state residency. I did it for Arizona before I moved back to Texas!