TAMU Transfers - Fall 2023

Congrats stats and major please. This is the first transfer we’ve seen I think.

3.75 cumulative gpa, 4.0 in required classes. 48 completed hours, 60 total. Agribusiness major.

2 Likes

Well done. That was a slam dunk!

1 Like

Did she apply for summer or fall admission?

Fall

1 Like

Hello Christi, I saw some people on reddit got deferred for spring grades with 15 credits and 1 pre req in progress. Do you think this means that admissions has gotten less lenient or was it pure luck? I’m an Econ major, 19 credits, 4 classes in progress, 2 of them are prereqs( MATH 151 and ENGL 1302) , 3.26 GPA, very good essay explaining how my major is right for me. On my Essay I even mentioned how I would love to be a part of the fast track Economics MS program. Any insights on my current situation?

I’m actually shocked they got deferred with less than 20 credits and required courses not complete. So they are being more lenient.

Depends on what your current transcript looks like and dual credit. 15 hours isn’t enough for deferred grades, I wouldn’t think. You’d GPA is decent but not great (for transfer without everything done). A 3.25 with all requirements met would probably get you in.

Hang in there. And thanks for the Reddit update. None of my transfer students have heard back yet.

The guy from reddit told me that his GPA was a 3.26. Honestly I’m as shocked as you are. There might be hope after all. I’m not getting too confident but I’m not giving up just yet!

3 Likes

Howdy y’all! I was wondering if anyone could provide me some insight to my likeliness of getting admitted. I had a really rough freshman year and was also taking 17 hours both semesters, but after a 4.0 fall semester I have a 3.33 gpa. I applied for community health. I have finished all of the required coursework except one class which I am currently taking. I have 60 hours and have taken all of the “recommended” coursework as well. My essay was about what I wanted to do with a degree in community health and why I wanted to do it. Please let me know! Thanks!!

@Mren10 you currently have 60 hours, or you’ll have 60 after this semester? Community Health doesn’t allow more than 60 transferable hours.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/getmedia/e71a3312-dffc-4315-bea6-e64f4cf41670/2022-2023-Health-TCS.pdf

Sorry, 60 after! 54 transferable according to my audit☺️

1 Like

Do you think I have a decent shot of acceptance?

I don’t know. But @ChristiR93 can probably give insight.
What’s the end goal with a Community Health degree?

1 Like

I want to apply for nursing. I called an advisor to make sure this wasn’t a problem and all they said was pretty much “no, applying to nursing is entirely different than applying to switch majors”.

@Mren10 advisor is correct. Applying for Nursing school is different. Going to be brutally honest, getting into A&M Nursing School is slim-to-none. Requires a 3.9-4.0, near perfect HESI score and a stacked medical resume (CNA, pharm tech, EMT certified, medical missions/volunteer work, etc).
But, MANY go ahead and get an Allied or Community Health degree from A&M, then go somewhere else after grad for accelerated BSN program.
Where are your transfer hours coming from?

1 Like

Hi! Yes, I foresaw this and while I have been volunteering at a hospital for a year and a half now, I plan to get my degree in community health and then reapply for nursing at A&M. I got a few hours for dual credit in high school but the majority are coming from here at Blinn.

1 Like

What’s your second choice major? As long as you have your required course work to apply to nursing school after 4 year degree, you’ll be good. Doesn’t necessarily need to be in related subject. Just one you can get a job with!

3.3 is decent. 34 hours in one year is brutal. Great job getting 4.0 to bring it up! You have a good shot at transferring into CH but have a good backup plan.

Let us know how it turns out.

You’re only allowed to have one major for community or allied health, second majors are not taken into account. Crossing my fingers. Thank you guys! :relaxed::relaxed:

That’s not what that means. 2nd majors means you can’t choose allied or community health as a back up major. You can choose a 2nd choice if THAT major allows you to choose it as second fiddle.

Does that make sense?

Hi @ChristiR93 , I am applying for tech management with 19 hours and 2 of the required courses TIP. My GPA on my audit is a 3.4. Do you think I have a shot of being deferred for spring grades? I’ll have 35 hours and all of the required course work done after this semester which all courses are under TIP on my audit that I’m currently in.

Thanks!

1 Like