Tape Measure Madness: Ridgecrest East

<p>You are going to be missed Sea_tide! Wish I could be there this week to meet you!!!</p>

<p>TXA, I humbly take off my Tape Measure Crown and send it off to you.</p>

<p>Is it bedazzled???</p>

<p>Too funny, C2M! </p>

<p>TXA still needs an answer on the bathroom etagere, tho! COME ON people! ;)</p>

<p>^ Longhaul, re a bedroom rug: My S hates having a rug in his room (which I bought especially at IKEA!). I’m pretty sure I am ‘donating’ that at move-out, because I don’t think it has been vacuumed since I last visited (in Oct).</p>

<p>that has already been answered. sea_tide said there is room. </p>

<p>honestly, in the suites there is plenty of room. you do need to edit what you take a bit and use space wisely, but with a room of your own and a bathroom shared between two people, you really will have room for your stuff. plus, for most, this is a one year deal, so making it <strong>perfect</strong> only to move in 9 months … not really worth it.</p>

<p>i would say that the over the toilet shelf is not needed.</p>

<p>my other daughter is moving into an apartment with TINY bedrooms. i am not stressing over how to set it up. she doesn’t want my help. (even though i am kind of a beast at solving problems like this … oh well.)</p>

<p>Technically, it’s Swarovski crystals applied with a hot iron, but YES</p>

<p>I totally agree with Mike. The year is over before you even miss them. The more crap you bring, the more stuff that needs to be managed and then moved out or stored. Less is more!</p>

<p>Too right!
^Mike - Thanks, I had missed that Sea had already mentioned that. I subconsciously just wanted a way to work in the fancy French word for over-the-toilet storage! :wink: With no lids, things might fall in anyway?</p>

<p>Have you ever seen a slow-mo video of what happens when a toilet flushes WITHOUT THE LID DOWN?</p>

<p>Needless-to-say, you would not want your towels there.</p>

<p>On a happier note: I am SELLING THE BIG HOUSE and we are moving to a patio home when DD goes to 'BAMA. The more stuff I can send to 'BAMA from her room (at least initially) the less stuff I will have to downsize here. She has FOUR IKEA Bookcases/room-dividers now, and if any of then can go…they are GOING to BAMA.</p>

<p>I figure the new-house project should keep me out out the depression clinic for at least a few months…maybe even through Christmas.</p>

<p>Thanks so much Sea-Tide :)</p>

<p>No bedroom rug works fine for me. The black out curtains will be a necessity.</p>

<p>more questions…</p>

<p>Small Fan necessary or is the a/c fairly climate controlled throughout all rooms?</p>

<p>In October when we visited freshman son actually asked us to buy him a fan (a little hard to find one then, but we lucked out.) He said he needed it to help dry his towel and clothes/shoes after he came in from the rain.</p>

<p>Some students like having a fan, be it for cooling, air circulation, or white noise. There is a thermostat in each suite, but YMMV on how well it controls the temperature in the suite.</p>

<p>Would a fan on a stand be better or just a small table top?</p>

<p>I have had great luck with those oscillating tower units. You can have it rotate, or simply aim it continuously at your wet socks.</p>

<p>Are there any overhead lights?</p>

<p>Yes, each bedroom has an overhead light, + there is same in the hallway, each bathroom, each toilet/shower area, the kitchen and in the living area (this is in the suite-style dorms). Each bedroom needs 1 additional light (desk), and our suite boys found that at least 2 standing lamps were needed in the living area to brighten things up. Nightlights would be helpful - the kind that self-illuminate in the dark - 1 in each bathroom sink area and 1 in the hallway.</p>

<p>Okay, I KNOW I HAVE SEEN PICTURES OF THE BATHROOMS IN RIDGECREST EAST…where were they??? </p>

<p>Help!</p>

<p>The photos of the dorm rooms have apparently been taken down!? Only the floorplans remain. On each of the different dorms page, there is a ‘photo gallary’ tab/link, but it only shows 1 picture each, so that’s useless. Weird.</p>

<p>The pictures are still there, but you must click, touch, or tap on the right side of the photo to scroll to the next one.</p>