TCU Class of 2023

@hsvbamamom I have the ssme problem! At least I know I got accepted and I got some sort of scholarship.

Accepted with deans scholarship and an invite to chancellor’s weekend!

Accepted with 40,000 scholarship!!!

Son is accepted with a Dean’s scholarship!

For those of you with a blank letter, we logged onto portal, went to financial aid and under “awards details” it shows your scholarship offer. We got Dean’s. So proud of my girl.

Good luck to all.

@Frogs12345 Where was “award details”?

@BIZP2424 Unfortunately, my D just raced out of the house for a basketball game, I don’t have the details. So sorry! All I know is what she told me to type above.

I can say that before she left, the portal locked up and said her admission status was being modified. We assumed this was them changing the blank letter. Again, she raced out and I don’t have access to follow up.

@Frogs12345 Ah ok. Thank you!

admitted! having the same problem and i cant see the scholarship letter…
is anyone else also having trouble creating the admitted students portal?

@BIZP2424 The note from @gkh781 jarred my memory… My D found the awards details AFTER she created an account on the Admitted Students Portal. I bet it was in there.

@Frogs12345 Yeah I found it. I got the Dean’s scholarship. Happy with it, but I was really hoping for an invite to Chancellor’s Scholars Weekend.

I got in!! I had a problem with my scholarship letter being blank but I went under Award Summary on my Accepted Student homepage and found out I got the Faculty Scholarship!!

My son was deferred…ugh. It’s better than rejected but he’s super bummed. I’m shocked. He got in to Baylor with a $64,000 scholarship. I figured at the minimum he would get in to TCU just maybe without money.

@momoboys I’m sorry about that. I also got deferred today and I’m really disappointed

I told him it’s not over but he’s not having it right now. We’ll do the deferred thing and see what happens. I’d be interested in seeing some of these stats of those that did get in. He was definitely at the higher end on the ACT scale…GPA was probably more average. Maybe GPA is what they look at.

My daughter was deferred as well. We were quite surprised. She was accepted to Baylor Early Action before most Early Decision applicants with a $80,000 scholarship offer. Right now she’s leaning towards withdrawing her application. She’s got plenty of other options on the table with all but one offering merit money. Her #1 choice is not known for offering merit aid.

just found the scholarship info… Deans!

My daughter was deferred to the nursing school. She has a 4.15 weighted and 3.86 unweighted GPA with a 31 on her ACT. She’s got in everywhere else she applied with merit scholarships. She knew nursing was difficult but she is still shocked. We have no idea what the chances are for deferred admission.

@momoboys I got into TCU with a 56,000 dollars scholarship, broken up to be 7,000 per semester. My super score SAT is a 1320 with a 710 in math and a 610 in reading. My school score doesn’t calculate gpa, but I have almost all A’s except for 2 B’s on my transcript. I’m also from the Philadelphia area to put it into more perspective.

its kind of deflating to be deferred. got accepted to tcu (#1 choice) but got deferred at another school. not to be negative nelly but geez when a school doesnt show their interest in ur more than qualified kid ur kinda like can i have my ap fee back? next.