TCU Class of 2023

Hi there. My son’s app was complete Nov 1 (EA.) Thought we’d hear by late Dec. I called a few weeks ago, they confirmed his application was complete and said he would hear by 2/1. That date has come and gone with still no word. I plan to call again this week? But anyone know if this is normal?

I submitted my application for the February regular decision deadline, what is the projected release date?

Anyone know when decisions come out??

march 15th

So my son was deferred back in December and we turned in the deferral form to continue his application. We sent in his first semester grades and had another letter of rec sent in. His status alway said "Deferred acceptance form with a check mark next to it meaning we turned it in. Today I went in to check and the last update is still Dec. 14th but I see nothing about the deferred form being accepted. I’m a little nervous. We turned it in and being OCD, I’ve checked the portal many times and seen that statement each time. Maybe because they are updating today it looks different? Anyone else experiencing this?

@momoboys Yeah. I was deferred back in December as well and I no longer see the deferred acceptance form

What time are we expecting decisions?

I’m not sure if it’s today or not because TCU is also on spring break so that means there office is closed.

Just got accepted!

Waitlisted with a 1360 & 3.5 + multiple ecs. Luckily I committed elsewhere, just a bit surprised.

deferral then denied… 1430 sat, many ecs, 3.7 gpa… i’m confused.

Deffered than denied
1480 SAT
4.0 gpa
Nursing

ricesw - while i am certain that is very disappointing, you should know that nursing has probably become the most competitive program at TCU. My understanding is that the admit rate this year was around 10%. Pretty stiff indeed. Definitely not a personal reflection as those stats are outstanding.

DS Accepted today to Econ with Deans scholarship

DD accepted, 1310 SAT, 3.9 GPA, New England

My daughter just checked and it was changed to wait listed. What does this mean!!! I am dying. This is the only school she wants!!!

My son was deferred EA but was accepted yesterday! If there isn’t anything about a scholarship mentioned does that mean he is not getting one? We were hoping for some merit.

Your declared major can have an effect on acceptance, waitlist, denial as much as your stats.

I think I recall we had our portal updated about a week after our March acceptance with our merit aid offer information. The email notification to check the portal may have come a few days later. Check the portal regularly because our visit the first week of April was dependent on that financial aid info last year but I remember getting it about a week before the trip.

@3boys4m3 My DS received the scholarship letter at the same time as his acceptance but it wasn’t very prominent. It was a second letter underneath the first one so there was no mention of the scholarship in the actual acceptance letter if that helps.

2timemom, My son just double checked and he did not get a second letter. Did you son get the scholarship letter this year? Was he deferred and then accepted? What is his major? Thanks so much for you response.