TCU EA/ED Letters Fall 2016

@Lilly5 , I’m sorry. It is so hard and sad web though it’s past if this crazy process. Did he get a letter or did his portal change?

*sad even though it is part of

status changed this morning to ‘Decision letter has been mailed’…did anyone’s status change today to the actual decision?

here’s link for those deferred…don’t give up hope! http://collegeapps.about.com/od/theartofgettingaccepted/tp/deferred.htm

Son was deferred. Kind of surprised but he wasn’t planning on attending.

Just got deferred. Very surprised.

34 ACT
Top 15% of my class
Student body president
Active in many clubs
2 varsity sports
Member of many volunteer organizations
I thought my essays were really good.

This is a big surprise to me. My brother is even a junior at TCU and he has done very well there (4.0 GPA). This I really a drag. I was very set on going to TCU and actually hoping for some money. Guess I need to expand my horizons.

Mine says a decision has been mailed, how did some of y’all know you got deferred?

I’m not positve, but I think the portal might say, congrats, deferred,or a decision has been sent

Again, I am not positive, but it’s my guess based on what people have said. My son will be bummed if this is the case

I will also be very upset if that is the case ):

@2016NFAsr and @Lovecfb – My son’s portal actually said you’ve been deferred along with a paragraph or two and an option to click to still be considered for Regular Decision. @Coloradoguy888 - your stats along with you having a brother at TCU - seem like you’d be in for sure. I’m really surprised. My daughter got in last year (chose a different school though) and I did not see any deferrals mentioned here on CC last year.

My daughter also found out today through her portal that she has been deferred. Reading through some posts from last year, it seems some deferred students were offered admission to the spring semester rather than fall. Seems that there are many that were deferred today.

D found out through portal she was deferred…mixed feelings b/c we felt she was well matched academically, but not sweating it b/c she’s applied to an audition program that won’t make their decisions until well in to the spring & she knows better than to get her heart set on anything at this point. She’ll end up where she’s supposed to be… Good luck to everyone else disappointed w/the deferral.

Did anyone’s portal tell them they got denied? My changed to a decision latter has been mailed and I have no idea what that means.

My son’s letter just came. I did not open it but it’s a simple white letter obviously a denial. Odd that he was accepted at SMU but not TCU. Sad for him because he really wanted TCU

It was on her portal. Said she would find out if she was admitted by the end of Feb.

I got in. But will not go as there is no merit money and no auto-admit to business school (I guess I did not know). Ig o both merit money and direct admit to other Texas schools. I am more than happy to give me seat to anyone :wink: ^:)^

We will be happy to take your spot

Is everyone getting decisions in their portal? Mine changed from “your application is under review” to “a decision letter has been sent.” I thought all portals were being updated with decisions today but I guess not.

My portal finally changed… but i was deferred. BUT was accepted to UT, UDenver, A&M, SMU, and Villanova … so I’m not going to stew about this any longer… whew, I’m glad this is over

what are your stats??