TCU EA/ED Letters Fall 2016

another day, another letter from tcu not in my mailbox :frowning:

I’m very peeved. I was expecting this letter on Thursday or yesterday at the latest. I’ve been sitting by my window waiting for the mail to come for 2 hours. It finally came, and once again, no letter. If I was deferred, I’d rather them just tell me instead of not sending me anything and making me wait until Monday to view my portal.

it’s B

I’m getting nervous I didn’t get in…Does anyone know if the letters that are sent are decision letters? Not just acceptance letters?

I’m sure they’re all decision letters whether they’re acceptance, deferral, or denial. According to the portal, all decisions are given by Jan 1 … and all EA letters “have been mailed” But I’m still “ready for review” !! So I don’t know where I fit in

I received the letter on Friday (12/18). I have a question to this group - Does TCU provide direct admit to business school. I got direct admit into UT Austin, SMU, UTD, and Texas A&M.

@bk1366 what are your stats? just curious

@tcudream2016 HS (Distinguished) candidate GPA: 4.17; Honors /AP: 15+; Varsity Tennis - State Finalist; Tons of EC; Honor Societies; Business leadership camps (paid), internships. SAT: 1400 (CR+M);

DS received his packet today. In Nevada

I’m just nervous I won’t get in… I do a lot of AP, but my school is very competitive so I’m like 150/600. then my sat is 1850, act 28, gpa (uw) 3.89, gpa (w) 4.2… lots of ECs.

Has anyone been deferred or rejected? I’ve only heard of people getting accepted so it’s making me nervous that I haven’t heard yet.

Not gonna lie, at this point im kinda pissed off since letters went out on Monday and i havent recieved anything by portal or mail yet.

@lovecfb no need to get pissed. The TCU Twitter was inaccurate. Not all the letter were mailed out on Monday.

My portal still says, “in review”. On the TCU Admissions Twitter, they said the portals should be updated by tomorrow. So nervous…

Im so nervous to check my portal tomorrow

honestly, i think everything will be okay for a lot of us… it took two weeks to get my acceptance letters from other colleges just because post goes slowly.

Sons portal change to “a decisionn has been mailed” which make me really sad for him; it sounds as if this accepted had out change to congrats. This entire process is bizarre. His
Stats are very good :frowning: and he really was hoping for TCU

My daughter found out she got deferred. Does anyone know what the chances of admittance are for a deferral?

@austinjvmom How did she find out? I’m nitty an effort by any means with the deferrals. My son was defer by one of his reach scold and for them a deferral is pretty much a no with a tiny chance, but I’m not sure if TCU

My son got deferred also. So sad. He doesn’t even know yet. We really thought he’d get in. I’m not sure what the chances are for acceptance after deferral - if anyone has any insight, please share.