TCU Early Admissions 2023

Thanks for the heads up. Also, if an applicant is a candidate for merit scholarships will that information be included with the decisions today?

1 Like

Speaking to our experience two years ago, merit scholarships were included in the admission notification. Not sure if it has changed.

3 Likes

Do you know if Harris College of Nursing will be included in this batch?

Will Harris College of Nursing will be included in this batch?

Decisions are posted…yet another deferral for my son!

Deferral here too, but I expected it. Only non-acceptance we have had thus far so that’s ok.

My daugther was admitted to TCU Scholars & got some merit money, which we weren’t expecting.

1 Like

D23 accepted with a higher level scholarship than we had expected based on last year’s numbers. Not sure they are going to be competitive with other acceptances/ awards she’s gotten but very proud of her.

Deferral here also. Did anyone from nursing get accepted this round?

Deferred…which we kind of expected. Honestly not sure if she wants to follow her older sister there so we shall see. For anyone who got in, can’t say enough good things about the school! Congrats!!!

would people feel comfortable sharing details if they got in or not? gpa etc?

son got accepted. 3.9 weighted, no test scores, 5 APs, volunteer tutor and had a job last three summers.

Accepted into Neeley (Business)
4.0 UW / 107.36 W (top 6.75%)
1480 single-day SAT
5 APs & 4 Dual-Credit
4 years soccer
Many ECs & Summer Jobs

accepted for Finance (Neeley)

3.98 uw/4.44 w (no rank)
1450 sat
10 ap classes and 13 honors (most rigorous possible curriculum)
a ton of ecs and jobs w/ leadership

3 Likes

anyone hear Early Action from TCU for fall 2023? I hear its a record year of applications.

D23 accepted for liberal arts and received scholarship
12 APs, Texas competitive high school top 10%
3.9 UW
30 ACT
athlete, volunteer, part time job, showed interest in TCU (can’t remember if they care or not about that)

Hi it looks like you can’t apply directly into the Neeley buisness school out of high school. Is your child a transfer student? Looks like the way TCU does it is you say “pre-business” is what you want and then you can apply into it after your freshman year, but not an option to apply directly out of high school. That is what my son did. I showed him this about your student being accepted into Neeley as an incoming freshman and he doesn’t understand that.

this is what we read:

2 Likes

Hi it looks like you can’t apply directly into the Neeley buisness school out of high school. Is your child a transfer student? Looks like the way TCU does it is you say “pre-business” is what you want and then you can apply into it after your sophomore year, but not an option to apply directly out of high school. How was your student able to get admitted into the business school right out of high school? Maybe my student missed something in the application?

1 Like

I’m guessing they’re just seeing the area of study and didn’t read the special requirements.

2 Likes