TCU Early Admissions 2023

DD23Deferred here :(. Pre-med from
California (top50 school in state=comp school). Heard they are limiting CA admits bc so many but not sure it played a role.
4.2w
3.8uw
8 AP’s
3 Weighted Honors+3 uw H
2 college classes
Hospital Internship
Varsity Athlete
Lots of EC’s

1 Like

Congrats! What is his major?

2 Likes

my daughter was just accepted accepted…

33 ACT
3.9 uw
4.3 w
9 APs
9 years of competitive/travel tennis
volunteer experience and other ECs

good luck to you guys!

My senior was admitted to nursing.

I only see one person posting a nursing acceptance so far. I did some research and we expected a deferral going in. Someone who previously worked in admissions has posted that they defer almost everyone EA for nursing and then look at the entire pool once regular apps are in too. Feels like you should get some credit for doing EA but they wait for that extra semester of grades from everyone too. Was still hoping for a surprise. Sorry to hear yours was as deferral too!

Hi, did the letter of acceptance include a merit aid amount?

1 Like

My daughter was accepted with some merit aid.
1530 SAT (single sitting)
34 ACT (single sitting)
4.2 weighted GPA (competitive HS) – Top 25%
13 APs

Where did you hear this was a record year of applicants?

I assumed their fball team’s record would increase the number of applicants, but I haven’t heard how this year’s numbers differ from previous years.

Daughter accepted
4.0 UW GPA
3 time All State Tennis Player
Given merit scholarship 22K/year
Very excited about TCU!

2 Likes

yes, you’re correct, wrongly written on my part, admitted as “pre-business”. applied as first year from high school, not transfer

1 Like

It was referred to in the letter of acceptance. My DD was admitted EA today with some nice Merit.

OOS daughter. ACCEPTED

W gpa 4.5
Act 34
Student council president
Many EC

Deans Scholarship.

Has anyone heard they were Chancellors Invite ?? (Older sibling TCU chancellors scholarship 2020)

Congrats! My daughter got accepted as well for nursing!

My daughter received a separate letter with her merit aid award, it was not included in the acceptance letter.

Son accepted OOS, test blind, 3.9 UW GPA, Founders Scholarship listed in separate letter.

2 Likes

Do they defer everyone instead of deny this round?

1 Like

We received a Chancellors invite:)

1 Like

Congratulations!

Ok, good to know. The waiting is hard, but at least if we know that it is expected it doesn’t seem as bad. Hopefully good news for both our kids in the not too distant future!

1 Like

Congrats !! Our older daughter is a current chancellors. Wonderful program that we have been very happy with.

2 Likes