TEXAS A&M 29 - Alabama 24!

<p>Roll Aggies !!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Congrats to A&M. 'Bama has no excuses. First and goal on the 5 and they couldn’t get it done. Johnny Football was outstanding.</p>

<p>I agree malanai…def left the A game somewhere else. Need to put this one behind us and get ready for next week…
Johnny Football did a great job! Congrats to A&M.</p>

<p>Heartbreaking! My friend from TX rarely calls but she did tonight. </p>

<p>Get them next time, Tide.</p>

<p>RTR!!</p>

<p>Horrible play call. Should have ran it… <sigh></sigh></p>

<p>Shouldn’t have spotted them those 20 first quarter points.</p>

<p>This falls on Saban. First and goal at the 5, and you go shotgun? Gotta ram it down their throats there. Set up the whole series for failure.</p>

<p>More importantly, this team was terribly unprepared for this game. TAMU’s game plan was nothing new for them. They’ve been doing it all year. To be unprepared for the hurry up, botching defensive substitutions and wasting timeouts, is inexcusable for a coach of Saban’s caliber. Epic fail.</p>

<p>hindsight’s 20/20 y’all.</p>

<p>@Chardo</p>

<p>Not really an epic fail. I’ll grant you ramming it in from the 5 with 4 running plays would have been my thought.</p>

<p>It took a near perfect game from TAMU to win. They had ZERO turnovers. 'Bama coughed up the ball 3 times. They played well, just not perfect.</p>

<p>It’s time to move on and hope someone knocks off two of the three undefeated teams clearing a path to the championship game.</p>

<p>Meantime, I’ll be looking for those of you in Tuscaloosa next Saturday before the Western Carolina game…</p>

<p>Bama has a lot to play for…SEC Championship and you never know…two of these unbeatens will be defeated and Bama again for the National Championship just like last year…ROLL TIDE</p>

<p>I like your thinking, wvacupunture. It’s a long shot, but I’ve suddenly become a huge fan of USC and Texas. :)</p>

<p>[Alabama</a> Football: How Nick Saban, Tide Can Still Make the BCS Title Game | Bleacher Report](<a href=“Alabama Football: How Nick Saban, Tide Can Still Make the BCS Title Game | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report”>Alabama Football: How Nick Saban, Tide Can Still Make the BCS Title Game | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report)</p>

<p>Like everyone else I’m disappointed, but also proud of the team, whose efforts this season remind me of the following quote:</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>On the preparation - who was it they played, either last year or earlier this year - that had the no-huddle offense? That didn’t seem to throw the defense the way it did earlier. Defense did tire out, both mentally and physically. And our offense hasn’t played as well-prepared and capable a defense as A & M.
Glad I wasn’t in the locker room after!</p>

<p>Missouri runs the no-huddle spread offense, but their quarterback has been playing through various injuries this year. The contrast between the two games provides a great example of the often expressed notion that if you are going to run a no-huddle spread offense, you must have a quarterback operating at a very high level. Really wish Johnny football had gone to Missouri!!! He looked like Robert Griffin when he was at Baylor.</p>

<p>Manziel was originally committed to Oregon, but I guess he didn’t want to split time with Marcus Mariota. Sometimes you just can’t stop one guy.</p>

<p>^^^^ Yup, I think they mentioned that during the Oregon-USC game.
And that even Mariota had to wait on the bench until Darron Thomas left school.</p>

<p>Gosh, I don’t think I or the other regular posters on the Bama forum would think it appropriate to make such a thread on an opposing team’s forum.</p>

<p>^^^ Thought I was the only one. :)</p>

<p>Ditto reaction.</p>

<p>just to be clear, i don’t think GolfFather is an aggie…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>“Appropriate?”
Maybe not enjoyable to some (that comes with losing) but certainly appropriate per forum rules.</p>

<p>And, for the record, I am not affiliated at all with the “opposing team.”
I have absolutely no connection with Texas A&M.
It was just very enjoyable to see the college team “that could beat an NFL team” lose.
That’s all.</p>