The Official UMiami Class of 2014 Early Action Admissions Decisions Thread

<p>Thanks SVMMom, I was about 2 more minutes from hyperventilating. If you haven’t figured it out yet, UM is my first choice!</p>

<p>thank you, SVMom, thank u, thank u, thank u!!</p>

<p>I forgot…was too excited…here are my stats</p>

<p>Rank: 2/390
Ethnicity: African-American
ACT: 27
GPA: 4.5 (weighted)
honors/APs Junior and Senior year
good amount of extra curriculars</p>

<p>congrats everyone! hope to c some of you in augusttt!!</p>

<p>Just checked and I was accepted.</p>

<p>3.39 unweighted / 4.7 weighted
710 math 650 reading 710 writing
and i had an exceptional case because of a family conflict that caused my gpa to be horrible for freshman year</p>

<p>not completely sure of my gpa (maybe 3.4 unweighted?)
27 ACT
lots of extracurricular marine science research and other stuff too</p>

<p>go canes!</p>

<p>Last year DinDune’s son did not get anything for the longest time. She was soooo frustrated. She finally called and they told her he was accepted. I would call next week if I were you guys.</p>

<p>erical12</p>

<p>I have my fingers crossed for you! I keep checking to see your results post!</p>

<p>Thank you SVMMom! Still nothing on MyUM, though.</p>

<p>I was accepted!!! YEA!!!</p>

<p>CONGRATS!</p>

<p>Stats please.</p>

<p>does anyone know if they are generous with financial aid? my parents make a little less than 70,000 a year together wonder how much I would get.</p>

<p>Does anyone know where to find out about financial aid/scholarship info, I just got my acceptance online is the financial aid/scholarship info online or do you have to wait for the actual mail to see if you received anything.</p>

<p>For those of you who received scholarships with your acceptances in the mail, do you see scholarship info on-line as well, right in your acceptance letter? Just wondering, as D saw acceptance letter on-line (not by mail yet), but no mention of scholarship in the letter.</p>

<p>i think we have to wait until the actual letter for scholarship info and we have to wait till march for the financial aid.</p>

<p>Just checked online, I’m in :)!</p>

<p>arath</p>

<p>That is what happened last year, scholarships only in letter and Finaid not till March for EA.</p>

<p>oops, that s/b Sharath.</p>

<p>Yea, scholarship information isn’t posted online for quite a while. It will be in the letter you get from UM, both in the message they send you and in a certificate-type thing</p>

<p>just went to myUM, i got reject from my 1st choice…</p>