Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Congratulations

Congratulations @whitecane
Very happy for you.

@deci2019
If your S really wants to be a doctor, choose Drexel.
If he has doubts, do the regular undergrad.

All schools have parties and frats.
If you stay focused on your goals, you can maintain balance among them.

Thank you so much !!! @NoviceDad

@srk2017 Even as a graduate student, one can party and have fun. There is not much of a difference between a fresh out of college graduate and regular UG students. As a graduate student, one probably has attained the legal age for drinking. Work hard, party and enjoy life in college. No underage drinking please.

@grtd2010 - one can have party at any age, but 17/18 year olds first time with complete freedom tends to behave differently than graduate students. Most parents here are immigrants and their idea of partying is different than American borns.

Got into Pitt!! @whitecane do you know if there is a fb group alr for admitted students?

@srk2017 The party in relation to “frats” and “sororities” in college campus is the american version of partying not typical desi dinner party.

@@deci2019 FYI, PSU is much higher ranked than Drexel in Partying school category. Google Niche rankings. In PA, PSU(main campus), Temple and Drexel is the order of most partying schools.

@hs2med
Congratulations!

@deci2019 @ucmehta @collegeboundxyz We knew someone who dropped out of BSMD program from Drexel and later became a DO.

Congratulations @whitecane and @hs2med !!

@grtd2010 - I do understand what partying at campuses means and frats and sororities are mainly for undergrads not for grads. Hence my statement that partying as grad student is different from partying as an undergrad.

@srk2017 Let us just say as a graduate student, you can party in american style if one wants to. You have to just find the right connections and right group of friends.

@srk2017

Not all American borns are involved or interested in that kind of partying. Even at “party” schools there are always groups of kids who do things differently.

@hs2med I did not find any fb page for this year class.

Thanks ! @bamd

Speaking of partying at that UG admission age curiosity fueled by freedom drives towards good and bad things, some are more mature than others. That is why one of most important criteria as an admitted student is to find out whether am I going to fit socially in the school or not (whatever personality student may have)? As a parent best you can do is teach kids to differentiate between good and bad things and let them make a decision, rather than making that decision for them. It just doesn’t build maturity, but also improves self confidence in ones own actions. They may tumble, but as it says s?*t happens and move on.

@whitecane and @hs2med …congrats at Upitt, we got a no.
S happy as he wanted to go to BU SMED…so Boston for us yeah…

@sajju786 well finally its student choice.