Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@Ana2000 I recall requesting HPME on day 1 (Oct 1?) and received it within 2 days. Perhaps, not many requests at that time.

Hello, looks like PS/SKMC is ahead this year. Received interview confirmation. Any suggestions on how the interviews are conducted, format, etc? Thanks for your input.

My apologies for being absent during this hectic midterm season. I am able to answer any questions about the Penn State/Jefferson program for the next few days during fall break :).

@RedMan108 Congratulations!!!

How did you receive the interview notification? Did you check in your portal?I remember the dead line to submit the applications is nov 15th?

@whitecane - by email.

@RedMan108 When did you submit your application?

Does anyone know if one should send the community/family recommendation for URoch’s REMS?

Hello! I was accepted to the 3+4 at CNU for their direct medical program. I am contemplating my decision because I only have till Dec 3, 2018 to decide. Any thoughts on their program (quality) or their undergrad? I understand it is a relatively new school but I can’t find much on the actual med school.

@neurochic My response in post 591 when some one else asked the same question.

Post your profile to assess better. Your GPA, Test scores, EC, State, URM or ORM and your assessment of your essays, LORs and your determination, motivation and resiliency to become a doctor.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/pre-med-topics/1944379-cnu-bsmd-program-and-residency-at-uc-hospitals-p2.html

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1940783-california-northstate-university-cnu-college-of-health-sciences-p1.html

Received AMC (RPI-AMC) supplementals today with one week to submit the responses, and lost one day already as the link provided errors out stating that the deadline has expired. Sent an email, left a message
waiting to see what the prompts are about
hopefully, someone is working at AMC during these holidays
Anyone else in a similar situation?

Anyone got a notification from RPI to do a CASPer test??? Thx

@neurochi, @abc4063,

I don’t know anything about CNU, other senior members here can opine better. Do your own research too. But if you aren’t able to make up your minds in the short time, why don’t you go ahead and accept by paying the deposit, hope it is not a lot. Your acceptance won’t be binding I guess? At the most you will lose the deposits if you change minds later on. Congratulations and good luck with your journeys!

Darn, typo, meant for @neurochic

@Ana2000
HPME: it can take upto 3 weeks.

Baylor/Baylor or Rice/Baylor: Open to all students; ~200 submitted by Rice to Baylor; 25 called for interview; 6 selected
Rice/Baylor deadline is Dec 1

@RedMan108
SKMC interviews are one-on-one; faculty plus student or student plus student (depends who you get).
~100 students will be called - all on the same day
Typically very well organized interview day.

@neurochic
Concur with @GoldenRock
Need more details to give our opinion on whether you to pass or accept CNU.

If you do not want to share, remember this —> 95%+ student pursue medicine through the regular route.
If you decline CNU and do not get into any other BS/MD program, it is NOT the end of the world.

Folks

Anyone applying for BS/DO programs:
LECOM has started sending interview letters/ emails.

Thanks, @NoviceDad

AMC supplemental link issue is resolved. One week to submit the responses.