Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@Cherax did you try checking the portal?

Hi everyone - just a quick question - what is Case Western’s BSMD program known for/specialize in/put a lot of emphasis on? I’m trying to see what the general atmosphere and focus of the program is.

[QUOTE=""]

I still haven’t gotten anything agh

[/QUOTE]

@Cherax and others, relax!!

It is holiday season and things can spread across and apart as long as a month. Don’t sit at the edge of your chairs in anticipation but enjoy the holidays, school and life.

As someone rightly said in last year’s threads, spending too much time on CC can unnecessarily raise the stress levels besides wasting time, emotional energy and can be counter productive. May want to consider outsourcing that part to someone else in the family or friends.

Does anyone know when RPI/AMC interview decisions come out if you took the CASPer on Nov 20. Also does anyone know about Augusta BS/MD?

@DSOF20192023
You are welcome.

@Ana2000
Case Western has now tied up with Cleveland Clinic.
They have a broad based program with a number of surgical residency matches.
Here is the link to 2016 match list

https://case.edu/medicine/sites/case.edu.medicine/files/2018-05/2016-CWRU-Match-List.pdf

If selected, Case is known to offer undergrad scholarships.

@RedMan108, I guess by “finalist notifications”, you meant interview notifications. In the past, VCU interview notifications have come out around Jan 12.

Thanks, @bsmd14 Such a long wait for some of these BSMD programs to even know if one is moved to the next level.

@neurochic I found out Nov 15

Has anybody gotten an interview invite for the Rutgers Living and Learn (Honors) Community group interview? If so, are you attending?

Has anyone applied to UAB EMSAP? The profiles of current EMSAP students vary considerably. Would really like to know what type of stats or ECs they may be looking for.

@Cherax , I got my invitation a couple of days ago. Did you also apply for the Rutgers Newark BS/MD program? I will only go to the interview if I get into the medical program, otherwise not.

@Cherax Yes, I got an interview, but I will not be attending as I live in the midwest and it is very far for me.

@abc4063 Have you thought about accepting? I also got an offer, but am not sure whether or not to go for it.

Thank you @NoviceDad! Do you know where I could find the same list for the Rice-Baylor program? Or does anyone have any insight into the general atmosphere in the Rice-Baylor Program?

@BigMan1234 Yes I did apply to the BS/MD, but I reallyyyy don’t want to attend this interview so I don’t think I am.

@Amark71 I think I will apply. I’m a bit confused though – for the undergrad, UAB doesn’t want anything? No transcript or scores
 or essays or extracurriculars
?

@Ana2000
Rice -Baylor is a fantastic program.
We found Rice to be an inviting campus. Students appeared to be supportive and there are plethora of research opportunities as an undergraduate. Plus they had the best dorms of the schools we visited (better than Northwestern, better by a mile than Case Western).
And if you become Texas resident, you will get the best quality cheapest medical education in the country.

Here is the match list for Baylor

https://blogs.bcm.edu/2018/03/16/match-day-2018-by-the-numbers/

All the best.

Folks

Medical school interviews are before you get admission.
Unless the interview for undergrad is OPTIONAL, you may get rejected if you do NOT show up for the interview.
That also means medical school rejection through that undergrad school.

@NoviceDad The interview we are discussing is not for the BS/MD. It is for the honors college.

Does anybody know how Case determines finalists? They only have 2 essays, a transcript, and maybe some test scores, right?

my D is doing research in a hospital from summer and is thinking hard to ask her mentor for recommendation. Do you think is it worth the effort to pursue to get recommendations for BS/MD programs? She already got 2 science teachers, 1 language teacher recommendations. She thinks mentor is too busy currently in preparing several proposals/reports/papers and do not want to take mentor’s time.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.